Esplendor in Palermo HyWd or Soho?

EMR

Registered
Has anyone stayed at the boutique hotel Espendor? They have 2 locations, Palermo Hollywood and Soho. Wondering how it is.

Thanks

KateinBA

Registered
Hey EMR-
I stayed at the Soho location for a few days while waiting to move into my apartment a few blocks away in January.
The staff was great: very helpful and willing to go out of their way to make things easy for me (when i didn't know the city or the language well).
The room was very nice, nothing super, but nice. There is a beautiful rooftop terrace that I also enjoyed. I did not dine in the restaurant during lunch or dinner so I can't comment on that but the complementary breakfast is very good as well and exceeds argentine breakfast standards.
Also I love that part of Guatemala, it's full of trees and relatively quiet.
No complaints- suerte!

rolja

Registered
Avoid a place called Soho All Suites on Honduras Street. We stayed there about a year ago and the apartments were really disappointing and noisy.

EMR

Registered
Thanks Kate. I usually stay at a high end hotel but for 3 weeks, they gave me a smaller budget. I am not expecting the 4 seasons but a nice clean room. Not really concerned about service per se other than the cleaning service. SO if the rooms are nice and clean and they do a good job of housekeeping, I will be good. Thanks

7andfive

Registered
It really depends on what part of the neighborhood you want to stay in.
Eslendor in HyWd is next to construction so it may be a bit loud. It's new, so the rooms should be nice and it's close to a lot of good restaurants.
If you really want to stay in HyWd then I would also look at Krista Boutique Hotel. Great little hotel w/ good prices.