Every time I eat at Pani it costs about $30

Fiscal

Registered
For two people, two basic dishes, glass of wine. Seems expensive?

Go to La Chola, La Cholita, Cumaná or one of their other restaurants. The food is a good value for the price, especially the mix de carne (for two), accompanied by a cheap bottle of wine.

Pani has inflated prices because of the nice decor and the "prestige" of the place. In other words, fancy pants people like to go there and take selfies of themselves eating "gourmet" pastries. Therefore, Pani always has a line out the door and is smart enough to charge a premium. IMO, the food is average.

A fair price for two, for a Basic Dish, and wine would be around $22 , (not included of course a 500 g steak....! but with a glass of house wine ,not Rutini )
So we conclude Pani prices are about 35 % higher. Well they must profit when they are riding over the top

Ah interesting. I didn't realize Pani was considered posh. I went to a posh trendy Peruvian restaurant in Palermo (forgetting the name) that was about $100 for a lot more food and several drinks, but I'm sure if I ordered just the basics there it might almost come out the same as Pani. But what Pani offers is a menu very similar to a typical US brunch place with avocado toast, green tea, etc.

Wow ! Fancy prices. I can go to my favorite neighborhood bar, get a full sized entree, a glass of wine and a bottle of water for $11 US.

Never heard of it. But then, I tend to avoid chain restaurants in general.
You can eat for that much in quite a few really good restaurants.

Are these US dollars? Why are you not stating prices in pesos?

Wow ! Fancy prices. I can go to my favorite neighborhood bar, get a full sized entree, a glass of wine and a bottle of water for $11 US.
That's a good deal. What kind of entre do you usually order?

Back