Everything gone to hell, again!

And I am Peter Pan watch me fly! Weeeiiiiiiiiiiii :)
Inflation in Argentina by my records is being undereported as essential costs to maintain a roof over your head. food have gone up close to 40 percent since may 2017. I believe this year will be worse as even with the devaluation its not cheaper as the prices always catch up in dollars within a month. Food is now critically expensive and this is having a huge impact on the working class.

Inflation in Argentina by my records is being undereported as essential costs to maintain a roof over your head. food have gone up close to 40 percent since may 2017. I believe this year will be worse as even with the devaluation its not cheaper as the prices always catch up in dollars within a month. Food is now critically expensive and this is having a huge impact on the working class.

I think your right all the way around. $1.50 or more for a small can of corn yikes. o_O

Common guys. Use some common sense! Any reasonable person should refuse to exchange pesos for dollars with a total stranger. Fake news, fake dólares do exist. In California it’s very difficult for any business to accept a $100 dollar bill. Be smart and don’t do business with strangers. Better to wait in line than to be cheated.

Typically, Argentines cheat Argentines with fake dollars. And Argentines cheat foreigners with fake pesos.

That the poster was conspicuously western should have been sufficient validation to make the change. Or they could have asked the poster to wait for a moment and had the bills verified in the establishment. I have done this a few times.

I used to sell dollars to an Argentine girl - we split the bid ask spread. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement. After 3 transactions, she said she wanted 75% of the spread instead of 50%. I nicely told her that was not mutually beneficial. She remained steadfast. I laughed and told her to go change at the cueva at a worse rate. I never did business with her again.

People tell me this experience is not unique.

Last edited:
Israel's defense expenditures, relative to the threats it faces, is probably an order of magnitude smaller than Argentina's.
If Israel had Chile and Uruguay for neighbors, its defense budget - and resulting need of foreign defense aid - would likely be close to zero.
Its neighbors are not Chile and not Uruguay. Nor Bolivia and Paraguay.

If my geography lessons back at Jr. High are not failing me, I think you forgot to mention one particular neighboring country to Argentina that is quite relevant and somewhat more militarily capable than the other neighbors that you did mention.

If my geography lessons back at Jr. High are not failing me, I think you forgot to mention one particular neighboring country to Argentina that is quite relevant and somewhat more militarily capable than the other neighbors that you did mention.

Touché.
My point still stands, though, as concerns intent. Brazil's military does not threaten Argentina in any way shape or form, at least for the past couple of decades.
That this is clear, despite the total imbalance of power between the Argentine and Brazilian militaries, makes the point all the stronger.
Would that Israel had neighbors with much stronger militaries, and could afford to not care.
That such a suggestion is a farcical joke, says everything you need to know about the situation.

The funny thing is the folks who believe Macri created this - not understanding the damage that has been done the past 10 years under the K regime before stepping into office. They left a ticking time bomb and got out at a good time. I'm not holding my breath for the day Argentina doesn't have to deal with an inflation crisis. The news/media doesn't help by making massive headlines and constantly dramatising the USD.

Macri got the country with Fiscal superavit BUT he reduced tax to soy and erased tax to minery and this is the deficit he has. Irresponsible? Yes. Demagogy for richs, for sure.
Since then he was taking loans to pay the deficit he created.
Now inflation is 40% (this is the interest they offer), so...

Ha hilarious. Except for people who actually know what Israel went through as an economy in the 80s know a very different story to the locker room economics box you seem to understand when it comes to Israel.

Israel cannot be critize, we understood that...

Everybody is saying that Cristina left a bomb, but the bomb has been here since Peron and then the military government. This is decades of mismanagement and lots of bad laws. Nestor inherited Menem's mess, who inherited the mess from the 80's (seriously crazy hyper-inflation much much worse than now), who inherited a mess from the military governments. And Peron spent all his money on a lot of stupid crap when Argentina should have been positioned quite well after World War 2. So these problems are not just Macri's or just Cristina's, they have been here for years and everyone just keeps trying to stick a bandaid on it and hope for the best instead of fixing the labor laws, labor unions, lowering taxes and expenditures, and letting people be free economically. It's easier to blame Macri and Cristina rather than realizing that maybe the public (and yourself) needs to quit relying on the government to manage virtually everything.

This country has freedom of religion and speech, but it certainly does not have freedom of economy. Just try starting a business and see how far you'll get. Sadly, people here think that is the norm. And then they wonder why there is thirty percent inflation and a stagnant economy in a country flush with natural resources.

That's my take! It's the same old cycle since I've been here and before.

The more I study law the more I m convinced that the nazi infiltration was and is too strong here and while there will be not a denazification of law and institutions, there is no chance for the economy of this country.

Israel cannot be critize, we understood that...

Yes, that is precisely what somebody - actually, nobody - said here. We welcome this update from Artie McStrawman.

Let's try an analogy. Who knows? you may understand.

Random: "CFK encouraged cannibalism".
You: "No, not even her worst enemies ever alleged that".
Random: "OK, CFK cannot be critize, we understood that..."

(The difference being that will almost certainly be found someone alleging that Israel encourages cannibalism, because why not?).

Back