Everything gone to hell, again!

rickulivi

Registered
What will happen to the dollar on Tuesday? That's when Lebacs (Argentine equivalent of US T-Bills) come due for an amount similar to half the dollar reserves in Argentina. What would you do if you owned Lebacs? Roll the money over into new one's or buy dollars?

Can the dollar reach $40 next week? What a miserable suspense.

Nothing we havent seen before many times. The only truth is that the dolar exchange rate has not kept up with the Arg inflation rates of the
last 2 1/2 years, (probably for electoral purposes), and now it had to be adjusted, (as always did).
It will probably reach 26 pesos, good fo exporters.

1 USD 2016 16.5 ARS + 30% inflation 2017 + 12% inflation 2018 ( so far ) : 23.43 ARS

1 USD 2016 16.5 ARS + 30% inflation 2017 + 12% inflation 2018 ( so far ) : 23.43 ARS
what about 2016 inflation + 40% and then some? the blue was at 16 as of august 2014 and was artificially reset to 13 on
10/12/2015 when cepo came to an end while all the prices at that point were already adjusted for 16.

the dollar value is $29 or $40 depending on the peso monetary basis used...! either the peso debt LEBAC + other divided by the dollar reserves of US$56 billion equals $40 pesos

The Economist publishes the Big Mac Index. According to this source, in 2016, Argentina it took only one hour at the legal minimum wage to purchase a Big Mac, whereas in Mexico it took 5.6 hours.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 35 pesos per dollar by the end of the year.

Remember - as the numbers get higher, the increments in percentages get smaller.

I am changing my pesos like I buy produce: as needed only.

The Economist publishes the Big Mac Index. According to this source, in Argentina it took only one hour at the legal minimum wage to purchase a Big Mac, whereas in Mexico it took 5.6 hours.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 35 pesos per dollar by the end of the year.

Remember - as the numbers get higher, the increments in percentages get smaller.

I am changing my pesos like I buy produce: as needed only.

Don`t buy lettuce... Greens produceo_O

Back