Exceeding 10Kus Limit

mrporoto

Registered
If one inadvertently takes more than the allowed amount,on the ferry across the RP,and mr customs man rumbles you what is the official rule?Hanging?

If one inadvertently takes more than the allowed amount,on the ferry across the RP,and mr customs man rumbles you what is the official rule?Hanging?

You should declare it or risk it being confiscated. In theory you should be free to import over 10k USD when declaring, though in practice you may not want other people knowing how much you are carrying around. Customs would not allow you to export over 10k USD.

I haven't looked it up recently, but I think the penalty is 50% of the total amount you are carrying (not just the overage).

And I don't think claiming it was "inadvertent" would make any differnece.

A cash payment of a smaller amount ($2000-$3000?) if you had more than 10K might be accepted, but don't expect a receipt.

A cash payment of a smaller amount ($2000-$3000?) might be accepted, but don't expect a receipt.

Let it never be said that Argentinian authorities "can't work with you" to quickly solve such issues.

WHAT ABOUT IF YOU OWN OR RENT A SAILBOAT IN TIGRE AND SAIL IT TO COLONIA?WHO CAN SEE ANYTHING?
DID ECHEGARAY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS?PROBABLY NOT
AS IN ANY AUTHORITARIAN GOVERMENT, THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY OUT

If going in a private boat , you must inform the Prefectura that you are leaving , and notify them on your return. If they choose to visit you , and find irregularities , you could be subject to the penalties Steve mentioned above. You also need a marinaro patente to operate a boat . and if not yours , a notario saying the owner says you can use it. You could also be stopped randomly on the river. Locals have been using the river to bring goods into Argentina for years. Smuggling , weather goods or money , is still smuggling.

Therefore much more difficult to Comia your way out of. But as Henry says above......

Relax, make a few trips , or pay the cueva to get it out. Much easier.

Easiest way is use 2 pairs of socks with the money in between when going through airports etc.
This allows you to take your shoes off at the X ray and they still can't see the cash under your feet. The second pair stop the bills sticking to your sweaty feet.
Usually $5k per foot is good without much un comfort.

Splitty,
so one inadvertently hides the dosh in yer socks so burglars can't find it! then one goes on the trip completely forgetting that the
trainers are feeling extra comfy due to the green padding?Sounds fine to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Expat Life 51
Back