Excellent computer repair in Zona Oeste

Utopos

Registered
This may help someone living in Zona Oeste, but I think it worth the trip from CABA as well.

My ancient laptop started misbehaving recently due to a hardware issue. I've been underwhelmed by several large, local computer shops in the past and decided to try a guy nearby:

I have to say I received the best service I've ever gotten in 25 years of computer use and frequenting repair shops (often just hanging around, brain-picking etc.). Nicholas, the owner/operator responded almost immediately and had me stop by the next day for a quick evaluation. He then worked around being on vacation to schedule a thorough diagnosis and repair.

Nicholas speaks perfect English and knows what he's talking about. His years of experience were evident.

As he investigated the issue, he took photos and videos, sending them as he went with detailed explanations. And not only for the initial problem, but for the entire laptop. The computer came out of the shop literally as good as new, and probably better.

Nicholas is honest, pleasant, knowledgeable, and professional. I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone needing any type of computer service or repair.

I first dropped off the laptop for a diagnosis limited to my failing screen (we worked around his schedule as he was actually on vacation, and he was trying to minimize my downtime without that computer). Nicholas photographed the connectors etc for future reference, determined that the screen needed to be replaced, and checked the rest of the system (4k stress test, battery, etc). He said everything seemed fine except for the screen, (I'd replaced the HD with and SSD 5-6 years ago). He said he'd get a price for a replacement screen. All this took several hours and he charged me $2k pesos. He was actually embarrassed to ask so much.

As the screens are imported, they're quite expensive. He checked three reliable sources, got similar prices, and recommended NOT replacing the screen due to the cost. It was still much cheaper than buying another laptop so I decided to do the replacement anyway.

I again dropped of the laptop off when he received the screen. He then completely disassembled it, taking photos and videos and sending them to me by WhatsAppas he proceeded. He cleaned everything completely (it was extremely dirty inside) and did a through inspection. In addition to the screen replacement, he changed the CPU thermal paste (he recommended doing this every 2-3 years, it had been 6). The laptop has thermal pads on the the memory --- these weren't bad, but given their age he suggested replacing them, which we did.

Cost:
$25k to replace the screen
17k for cleaning, routine maintenance, thermal paste
$22k for the thermal pads
total: about $64k.
He also corrected some errors made by another shop in the U.S., for which he did not charge anything.

The system runs much cooler than it did and the screen is perfect. I am very happy with both the work and the professional manner in which it was done.

Thank you for sharing your experience .... this is the Argentina I experience when I ask for, or need, assistance ......I include neighborhood shops, hospitals, local businesses, and people I just stop on the street in this assessment ..... like you, I find that for the most part they are honest, pleasant, knowledgeable, professional .... and.... willing to help.

N.B, The above prices do not include the cost of the replacement screen.

Back