Excellent New Tango Video ( Differente)

I think Astor Piazzola is even more passionate and more profound than the usual..classical..etc-- at least for a modern or refined mind ..don´t take me wrong on this.. In only a few milongas I´ve been to, if Piazzola style music plays, most tangueros won´t ask you to dance, only the most open minded guys will..that is my feeling

danabuenosaires said:
I think Astor Piazzola is even more passionate and more profound than the usual..classical..etc-- at least for a modern or refined mind ..don´t take me wrong on this.. In only a few milongas I´ve been to, if Piazzola style music plays, most tangueros won´t ask you to dance, only the most open minded guys will..that is my feeling

Piazzola is great listenig music, but is not constructed as classical tango, not in itself bad, but makes it difficult to dance. Most of the people I have seen dancing to Piazzola are not actually dancing to the music, mearly repeating moves that they have learned. Don't get me wrong (someone usually does) but there are great dancers in this city who can dance well to Pazzola, but for the vast majority (me included) it is too difficult to dance well, so if you cannot dance it well, why bother? just listen and enjoy.
There is not space here to explain the classical tango construction, though I am sure somewhere out there is a good explanation, if I find it I will pass it on, if not maybe one day I will write one, though I am not a musician.

Back