Exorcisms in Argentina

perry

Registered
Great video on youtube on this common practice in Argentina and a skeptical journalist from the bbc investigating this phenonomen. I am a non believer.

Last edited:
Common practice? Born and raised here, the closest thing I saw was the movie with Linda Blair.

The diploma on the wall comes from a Lutheran group. Is this exorcist Catholic? If so, why does he have a Lutheran theological degree?

Serious question: How many Atheists have ever suffered from demonic possession? One would think that unbelievers would be the easiest targets for Beelzebul (AKA El Diablo), no? Can you imagine the PR coup that would be for Lucifer if he were to possess someone like Neil Degrasse Tyson or Richard Dawkins? And yet I have never heard of a single atheists ever serving as host to Legion or similar fiend.

It is also well known and documented that playing Dungeons & Dragons is guaranteed to put one under the yoke of Satan.

Last edited:
Serious question: How many Atheists have ever suffered from demonic possession? One would think that unbelievers would be the easiest targets for Beelzebul (AKA El Diablo), no? Can you imagine the PR coup that would be for Lucifer if he were to possess someone like Neil Degrasse Tyson or Richard Dawkins? And yet I have never heard of a single atheists ever serving as host to Legion or similar fiend.

It is also well known and documented that playing Dungeons & Dragons is guaranteed to put one under the yoke of Satan.

Likewise those who are content and rational don't say out of the blue 'I want Jesus in my life'.

Everyone who becomes theist is either culturally conditioned or is lost.

Touché![/QUOTE),

Did you see the film? . Exorcisms are much more common in Argentina than anglo societies. In the film the priest has a huge following amongst his believers.

The exorcist's followers are all poor and presumably have limited education. They are the most vulnerable to this sort of thing. There are many people in Argentina who turn to "curanderos' for various problems. Exorcism is a much more radical practice and I don't
believe it's authorized by the Catholic Church except in extreme situations and by very few priests. I get the impression that though not entirely discredited, it's not encouraged by Church authorities but such practices lend themselves to charlatans. What I still can't figure out is how this man has a PROTESTANT diploma and how he calls himself a "bishop". I doubt very much that he is a bishop in the Catholic Church - is he even Catholic? Or is he a Protestant posing as a Catholic priest to win the trust of the people? Strange that the British journalist never looked into the diploma.

I can't believe he's a bishop. If he's a bishop, he'd have to be an auxiliary bishop which would give him a very high status and a lot of perks. I don't think a bishop would be running an exorcism business. The whole thing is weird. I'm not sure he's even an ordained Catholic priest.

Back