Expat Tax Advice - Looking For Accountant

Could someone recommend an accountant that knows about paying bienes personales on assets held abroad?

I am having an argument with my girlfriend. I understand that I have to pay a bienes personales tax on my assets (stocks and 2 houses) held abroad if I become a resident in Argentina. My girlfriend does not want to believe me, she wants to hear it from an accountant with knowledge about the matter, she does not believe her accountant knows enough about it.

The argument we are having is that I do not want to live full time in Argentina, because that would make me a resident. (I do not want to live here illegally.) If I am a resident, I would have to pay bienes personales or make my money black. I do not want to make my assets that I earned legitimately black. I do not want to pay bienes personales either, because I would have to pay much more than I earn. My girlfriend does not want to live abroad, her parents gave her a comfortable house and she wants to live there close to her family. We may be breaking up because we want to live in different places. My girlfriend does not want to believe me though that the reason I do not want to live here is because I would have to pay too much taxes. She would only want to believe it from an accountant and she is complaining that I do not want to make the effort of finding one. If we talk to an accountant, she cannot say I am not trying. Not sure if the outcome will be different, we may still split up, but if we could solve things by better understanding each other, it is worth trying.

Thanks

Could someone recommend an accountant that knows about paying bienes personales on assets held abroad?

I am having an argument with my girlfriend. I understand that I have to pay a bienes personales tax on my assets (stocks and 2 houses) held abroad if I become a resident in Argentina. My girlfriend does not want to believe me, she wants to hear it from an accountant with knowledge about the matter, she does not believe her accountant knows enough about it.

The argument we are having is that I do not want to live full time in Argentina, because that would make me a resident. (I do not want to live here illegally.) If I am a resident, I would have to pay bienes personales or make my money black. I do not want to make my assets that I earned legitimately black. I do not want to pay bienes personales either, because I would have to pay much more than I earn. My girlfriend does not want to live abroad, her parents gave her a comfortable house and she wants to live there close to her family. We may be breaking up because we want to live in different places. My girlfriend does not want to believe me though that the reason I do not want to live here is because I would have to pay too much taxes. She would only want to believe it from an accountant and she is complaining that I do not want to make the effort of finding one. If we talk to an accountant, she cannot say I am not trying. Not sure if the outcome will be different, we may still split up, but if we could solve things by better understanding each other, it is worth trying.

Thanks
Yeah, i would say if you're breaking up because you don't want to pay taxes or be "illegal" and she doesn't want to leave her house and proximity to her family, an accountant isn't the answer. One of you must yield to the other, which the easier side would probably you (place to live > paper formalities).

I
Has anyone had luck with an accountant for US taxes?
I'm also looking for a US accountant with knowledge of residency rules (specifically for ex California residents now living abroad full time)

I'm also looking for a US accountant with knowledge of residency rules (specifically for ex California residents now living abroad full time)
Since moving to ARG in 2005, I have yet to utilize the tax services of an online CPA to complete and file my US federal and state (as a non-resident of California) taxes. To date, my tax situation has not been complex so I learned to do it on my own.

I find useful reading the monthly postings published on this website:

Since moving to ARG in 2005, I have yet to utilize the tax services of an online CPA to complete and file my US federal and state (as a non-resident of California) taxes. To date, my tax situation has not been complex so I learned to do it on my own.

I find useful reading the monthly postings published on this website:
I am most interested in understanding things with regards to Argentine taxes and compliance than the US side, does anyone have a good rec for an accountant in Argentine or US who works with people who have tax obligations in both countries?

I am most interested in understanding things with regards to Argentine taxes and compliance than the US side, does anyone have a good rec for an accountant in Argentine or US who works with people who have tax obligations in both countries?

This is basically what my Argentine accountant told me. I have earnings, investments, and real estate abroad. Unless I could divest of most of them it wasn't feasable. The obligations were grim.

Back