Expats End of the Year Party

rosieposie

Registered
Hi everyone, I guess you are all waiting for this event. Well, I need your help.
Have been to several places but have only come up with one that could be posible.
so I have decided to throw my party at my loft which can hold up to 60 people not including the alley, which was bulit in 1862 and still has the carriage post and coblestone streets.
We may have a catering service or any ideas welcomed.
I would like a vote by Tuesday if posible and anyone who would like to form a comittee. Plz let me know since time is running and I am quite busy but would love to join everyone and locals for a great night.
The date: December 15th

"rosieposie" said:
I would like a vote by Tuesday
If I may clarify this,
We need to decide by next Tuesday whether it is going to be
  1. a potluck style dinner when everybody brings something or
  2. we can order some food and share the expenses.
What do you think?

Hi, My vote is for the party in the loft & alley and getting a catering to handle the food or order some.
Pot luck evenings are fun, but I have found so far everyone brings salads and deserts and no main dishes!! And what would we do for drinks???

I believe close to Congreso, between Corrientes & Rivadavia

My Loft is in Pasaje de La Piedad a private alley on Bme Mitre St. 1 blcok from Rivadavia, 2 from Corrientes and 2 from Callao.

I'll see if my Argentine girlfiend want to come along. I'm English. Should be a good mix. Do we bring a bottle?

"Marc" said:
I'll see if my Argentine girlfiend want to come along. I'm English. Should be a good mix. Do we bring a bottle?
Every nationality is invited, as a matter of fact, there will be locals as well.

"Bairesgirl" said:
Hi, My vote is for the party in the loft & alley and getting a catering to handle the food or order some.
Pot luck evenings are fun, but I have found so far everyone brings salads and deserts and no main dishes!! And what would we do for drinks???
Yes, we have ordered the catering, so far we will have a variety of salads, all organic variety of cheeses and special beef and poultry cuts. and seafood.
All homemade by a wonderful lady who happens to be disabled physically and cooks with lots of heart and good taste. I am on top of the menu and ingredients (for those who know my cooking can throw in a word or two)
Besides, she gave us a great price for catering service for this time of the year.
She also organizes Asados in her quinta with a pool,which is lovely, and I was thinking we could have an Asado party there in Febuary or March.
If anyone has any idea of food let me know. It is rather complicated to serve hot dishes for so many people but suggestions til next week are welcomed.

Back