Expats In Belgrano

I just moved to Olivos and I have to say I am really liking it here so far. I live in a house here and there is less traffic overall and it's more family friendly. A house is probably riskier, but the Olivos area is safe and so far I have seen tons of police patrols (I am not far from the quinta de olivos which is the presidential residence). On the plus side, you are not Maipu/Cabildo and can get to Belgrano in literally 10 minutes by car, and Palermo via Libertador in 15 or 20 min by car. You have the plus of having a residential area with two large shopping malls near (Dot and Unicenter), and a ton of commercial stuff on Maipu. It all depends on where you have to work.

Metrobus which the construction will cause havoc, but once its done, will make cabildo infinitely more organized. They start any day now.

I understand the cochera for the linea subte work will take place at the same time.

I just moved to Olivos and I have to say I am really liking it here so far. I live in a house here and there is less traffic overall and it's more family friendly. A house is probably riskier, but the Olivos area is safe and so far I have seen tons of police patrols (I am not far from the quinta de olivos which is the presidential residence). On the plus side, you are not Maipu/Cabildo and can get to Belgrano in literally 10 minutes by car, and Palermo via Libertador in 15 or 20 min by car. You have the plus of having a residential area with two large shopping malls near (Dot and Unicenter), and a ton of commercial stuff on Maipu. It all depends on where you have to work.
I live in exactly the same location and i actually agree with the points raised.The area also has the riverside area which can be seen as another plus!I work in vicente lopez so there is no problems commuting to work...I could imagine it being nightmarish having to comute into the city during the rush hour.

Thanks guys... can someone tell me what the borders of Belgrano R are? We wandered around the area this weekend, starting at the park in Barrancas and walked around the streets between Juramento and La Pampa, all the way towards Cabildo.

Most of what we saw where mid or high rise buildings which were nice. I know there is another are with houses, but we didn't find that part of town... In terms of safety, how do you guys feel about houses vs. buildings in this area? Almost everyone I talk to says a building would be much safer.

belgrano R is the OTHEr side of Cabildo from where Barrancas/ Redondo church/ Juramento/ Barrio chino is. So if you go above CAbildo (away from the river) until you get to the next neighb (Coghlan? Parque Chas?) after Melian St. The big av is Cramer. Melian is beautiful. The north/south borders would be Congreso and Elcano.

Back