Expats In Zona Norte

jast77

Registered
Hello all
I've been following the forums for a while but this is my first post. I'm originally from Baltimore, USA, but with an Argentine mother I've been coming here for a while now, but I've only been living full time since last November. I was wondering if there were any expat groups in Zona Norte, specifically the Martinez/San Isidro area (I live in Martinez). I see plenty of groups and meet ups on here but they all seem to be in capital, and I'd really just like to meet some expats/make friends closer to home. Cheers!

I don't know of any groups up here but there are a few of us living in the area. Im currently out of town for a couple more weeks but let me know if you would like to meet up sometime for a beer of something some afternoon. I know a place on Maipu with lots of microbrew choices and decent food choices. If your not a beer drinker, they also have coffee.

I don't know of any groups up here but there are a few of us living in the area. Im currently out of town for a couple more weeks but let me know if you would like to meet up sometime for a beer of something some afternoon. I know a place on Maipu with lots of microbrew choices and decent food choices. If your not a beer drinker, they also have coffee.

Sounds good. I am a beer drinker and am always looking to check out new places. Whats the name of the place? They just opened an Antares on Libertador right next to la Parolaccia. Went there the other night and its pretty decent.

Safe travels and lets try and meet up when you're back

Lo de Pepe at 4099 Maipu. There is also an Antares on Maipu closer to Panamericana almost across from McDonalds but they don't open till later in the afternoon, like about 4:30 or so.. Hey, you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning, right?

I said:

1) I am in San Isidro centro
2) there are expats in zona norte, just more scattered than downtown (they concentrate in Palermo-Recoleta-Belgrano)
3) there were monthly expat meeting but the momentum was lost pretty soon (after 3 meetings)
4) there is a nice place in San Isidro with a back garden that would be perfect to host the next zona norte chat. I did post a link to it.
5) there is a group of zona norte expats kind of upper class. Did post a link.

Feel free to come by International Bible Church whenever we have events, services, or small groups. We normally have lunch on Sundays after church service at 11:00 AM at about 1:00 PM, and our latest event will be held at the United Christian Church in Santa Fe. This event will be the Willow Creek Leadership Summit, which includes speakers such as Melinda Gates, Allan Mullally, John Maxwell, etc. We also have a prayer night on Tuesdays starting at 7:30 PM and beyond. If you want to meet some expats, IBC is a great place as we have people attending the church that are from the USA, England, Germany, Colombia, Brazil, South Africa, Nigeria, Russia, Japan, South Korea, and many more. It's a small group of people so anyone is welcome. English is spoken but we also have simultaneous translation for any event into Spanish. Whatever you believe you are always welcome to come by at IBC. Sarmiento 618, Martinez.

Hello Zona Norte folks... I'm in Beccar, and would love to get together with other expats/repats.

Let's see if we can arrange a Zona Norte Coffee Chat next week. Please post here: http://baexpats.org/topic/35966-coffee-chat-zona-norte-october-2016-san-isidro/

Back