Exploring temporary residency options

steph87

Registered
HI! I was in Buenos Aires a couple of weeks ago, I went to migraciones but they weren´t very friendly, so I just want to confirm in case someone has gotten a residency like this.

I do not have passive income, so I went to a realtor in remax who told me that if you buy a property you get a temporary residency, he said he had clients that got the residency in that way, Also, I heard that if you do not have passive income you can deposit the money equivalent of a year of 5 minimun wages in an Argentinan bank and then you can get a temporary.

does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance

HI! I was in Buenos Aires a couple of weeks ago, I went to migraciones but they weren´t very friendly, so I just want to confirm in case someone has gotten a residency like this.

I do not have passive income, so I went to a realtor in remax who told me that if you buy a property you get a temporary residency, he said he had clients that got the residency in that way,

It sounds like something an Argentine real estate agent might say...but I don't believe it's possible.

Also, I heard that if you do not have passive income you can deposit the money equivalent of a year of 5 minimun wages in an Argentinan bank and then you can get a temporary.

does anyone know about this?
Just depositing funds into an Argetine bank will not get anyone temporary residency.

In most cases it is necessary to have at least a precaria for temporary residency prior to opening a bank account.

There are now ways to get temporary residency based on active income.

The nomad visa is the obvious one and it might even be possible to get the visa rentista based on active income, but I don't have any examples to cite, only the memory of reading a post that claimed someone was able to get one.

It sounds like something an Argentine real estate agent might say...but I don't believe it's possible.

Just depositing funds into an Argetine bank will not get anyone temporary residency.

In most cases it is necessary to have at least a precaria for temporary residency prior to opening a bank account.

There are now ways to get temporary residency based on active income.

The nomad visa is the obvious one and it might even be possible to get the visa rentista based on active income, but I don't have any examples to cite, only the memory of reading a post that claimed someone was able to get one.
I do not believe the nomad visa grants a DNI no? I'm under the impression it's a souped up tourist visa as you are still considered "residente transitoria"

I do not believe the nomad visa grants a DNI no? I'm under the impression it's a souped up tourist visa as you are still considered "residente transitoria"
Thanks for clearing that up!

Back