EZE waiting and arriving

Brian_is_here

Registered
How are the lines into eze now? When I went in Jan i was waiting outside for like 2 hours before I could get into the airport. How long we waiting outside now? 2 hours before flight? 3?

Depends where you’re flying and how full the flight is.
When I flew to Madrid a month ago on Aerolíneas there was no queue.

Getting out of Eze is harder than arriving in actually. Yes there is usually a line outside to get in but it goes fast. Since flight frequency is limited. I waited about 30 minutes out. Once in it’s another 20-30 min to check in. Overall it should not take more than 1 hour from arrival at Eze to be done with the check in and then it’s another 20-30 min to be done with security and migraciones.
Arriving into Ezeiza yesterday I was in the cab in about an hour after landing. I went thru immigrations and my beg came out quick. Then you get tested(pay 2500 pesos card, cash or mercadopago), wait for the resultas — about 20-30 min— and you can leave if it’s negative. They called me today from the Ciudad to check on me and ask if I had any symtoms and told me they will call every day for 6 days and on the 6th day they will give me a turno to go get a PCR test to finalize the cuarentena.

i departed on wednesday night. there was a bit of a line but i was inside within 15min. then another 20min waiting to check my bags and maybe 20 min to get through immigration/screening. there were more people than i expected to see but in general not very crowded.

I flew out on the 4th. Maybe 20 minutes outside. Airline check in was quick because I used the Verifly app (I think this is only for American Airlines), which put me in a separate line even shorter than the first class line. Security was a breeze. Migraciones was the longest, 30 to 45 minutes.

I arrive on June 18. Migraciones just came to my door to check if we were quarantining. I don't see the sense to testing people that are vaccinated (Pfizer), tested negative in Miami and tested negative at EZE. I guess I could have picked up a new strain of covid on the way home but what are the chances? As I understand it, we have to quarantine either 7 days from our arrival or 10 days from our test?

Last edited:
I don't see the sense to testing people that are vaccinated (Pfizer), tested negative in Miami and tested negative at EZE. I guess I could have picked up a new strain of covid on the way home but what are the chances?
A current opinion is that vaccination may not prevent you catching either a new or regular strain of the virus but will make hospitalisation unlikely and the chance of death very small. You may even be asymptomatic but iof you catch it, the belief is that you can still infect others.

A current opinion is that vaccination may not prevent you catching either a new or regular strain of the virus but will make hospitalisation unlikely and the chance of death very small. You may even be asymptomatic but iof you catch it, the belief is that you can still infect others.

Right, the vaccines aren't 100% effective. But it's my understanding that the reason its an 'opinion' is that it rarely happens, especially with the more effective vaccines.

Right, the vaccines aren't 100% effective. But it's my understanding that the reason its an 'opinion' is that it rarely happens, especially with the more effective vaccines.
There were some stats released by the Argentine government a few weeks back showing 125.000 detected covid infections amongst those vaccinated here (including the President) and 3.141 deaths. By my rough calculations if we consider 2.000.000 infections and 40.000 deaths between the start of the year since they have been vaccinating and the time the stats came out, it amounts to just over 6% of all cases and almost 8% of deaths in that time.

The reality is that it can take weeks after being fully vaccinated to have a meaningful amount of antibodies to be able to fend off the virus with greater certainty. In the meanwhile the risk of getting infected and spreading it to others remains, especially when circulation of the virus and exposure risk is still high. Perhaps a different policy for those vaccinated would just be too hard to “police” in practice and obviously not a risk the government currently want to take when a variant like the Delta could further complicate the situation here (not that their current approach is likely to work either...) Not sure, but personally I don’t expect a special travel policy for vaccinated people until the Delta (or whatever flavor du jour) threat has passed and/ or the majority of Argentines are fully vaccinated.

Further to the post from @antipodean there are other examples of this phenomenon from all over the world and it's not just Sinovac/pharm Sputnik. https://www.nbcboston.com/news/loca...tions-have-now-been-reported-in-mass/2408052/ is the first in a long list that Google pulls up

(ETA) It would be wonderful to think that full vaccination could be like pulling on a full biohazard suit - but it ain't.

Back