EZE waiting and arriving

Further to the post from @antipodean there are other examples of this phenomenon from all over the world and it's not just Sinovac/pharm Sputnik. https://www.nbcboston.com/news/loca...tions-have-now-been-reported-in-mass/2408052/ is the first in a long list that Google pulls up

(ETA) It would be wonderful to think that full vaccination could be like pulling on a full biohazard suit - but it ain't.
What do you mean, cases fall from 40.000 to 4000 today after the vaccination of 18 million people.

Getting out of Eze is harder than arriving in actually. Yes there is usually a line outside to get in but it goes fast. Since flight frequency is limited. I waited about 30 minutes out. Once in it’s another 20-30 min to check in. Overall it should not take more than 1 hour from arrival at Eze to be done with the check in and then it’s another 20-30 min to be done with security and migraciones.
Arriving into Ezeiza yesterday I was in the cab in about an hour after landing. I went thru immigrations and my beg came out quick. Then you get tested(pay 2500 pesos card, cash or mercadopago), wait for the resultas — about 20-30 min— and you can leave if it’s negative. They called me today from the Ciudad to check on me and ask if I had any symtoms and told me they will call every day for 6 days and on the 6th day they will give me a turno to go get a PCR test to finalize the cuarentena.
Thanks for your post, are you resident? or which visa process did you go through?
I am desperate to come back to my Senortia

I flew out on the 4th. Maybe 20 minutes outside. Airline check in was quick because I used the Verifly app (I think this is only for American Airlines), which put me in a separate line even shorter than the first class line. Security was a breeze. Migraciones was the longest, 30 to 45 minutes.

Was your departure before the 600 person limit was imposed?

My uhh.. experience:

Exiting Argentina sucked. I flew out on the 24th They didn't have a separate line for the verifly app, but i was coming in from 4-5 hours away so i arrived a bit early to account for any traffic. EZE lets you into the airport around 3 hours before the flight. You can't check in earlier than that. I left before the limit. The luggage checkin line wasn't impossible (but i'm also priority status). Security and migraciones were pretty quick.

The only lounge open was the Skylounge. It was pretty crowded too. But pretty comfortable.

Entry to the US was pretty crappy in Miami. The re-custom check-in for Miami was a disaster. Since I arrived so early my bags were the last off the plane practically and i missed my connection flight. There was no pre-check available to get back in the airport. After i get back in to the airpot.. All normal.

Getting to Argentina was after the limit. My flight monday was cancelled on Sunday morning and then uncanceled Sunday afternoon. When i was cancelled i was rebooked for the 19th.. After it was uncanceled a great american airlines agent helped me get rebooked to the flight. You see when a flight is cancelled, everyone loses their seat... Then when it gets re-instated, its a free-for-all to get a seat back. I was really fortunate to get back on the same flight.

Arriving in Argentina was exciting. Migraciones was easy (I'm a permanent resident yankee). There wasn't really a line for extraneros or argentinos. Aduanas was stressful because I usually come back heavy with toys for my boys and gifts for my wife. And clothes. And thermoses. Anyways, stressful.

After aduanas, it was 2500 pesos antigen test and 30 minutes of waiting. Then you're free to GTFO. I'd say it took me 2 hours after landing to be free to leave the airport to my week long mandated quarantine.

The local hospital here is following up on me that i'm in isolation. The hospital also scheduled the PCR test for me.

My uhh.. experience:

Exiting Argentina sucked. I flew out on the 24th They didn't have a separate line for the verifly app, but i was coming in from 4-5 hours away so i arrived a bit early to account for any traffic. EZE lets you into the airport around 3 hours before the flight. You can't check in earlier than that. I left before the limit. The luggage checkin line wasn't impossible (but i'm also priority status). Security and migraciones were pretty quick.

The only lounge open was the Skylounge. It was pretty crowded too. But pretty comfortable.

Entry to the US was pretty crappy in Miami. The re-custom check-in for Miami was a disaster. Since I arrived so early my bags were the last off the plane practically and i missed my connection flight. There was no pre-check available to get back in the airport. After i get back in to the airpot.. All normal.

Getting to Argentina was after the limit. My flight monday was cancelled on Sunday morning and then uncanceled Sunday afternoon. When i was cancelled i was rebooked for the 19th.. After it was uncanceled a great american airlines agent helped me get rebooked to the flight. You see when a flight is cancelled, everyone loses their seat... Then when it gets re-instated, its a free-for-all to get a seat back. I was really fortunate to get back on the same flight.

Arriving in Argentina was exciting. Migraciones was easy (I'm a permanent resident yankee). There wasn't really a line for extraneros or argentinos. Aduanas was stressful because I usually come back heavy with toys for my boys and gifts for my wife. And clothes. And thermoses. Anyways, stressful.

After aduanas, it was 2500 pesos antigen test and 30 minutes of waiting. Then you're free to GTFO. I'd say it took me 2 hours after landing to be free to leave the airport to my week long mandated quarantine.

The local hospital here is following up on me that i'm in isolation. The hospital also scheduled the PCR test for me.

Just to clarify...Your flight for Monday was cancelled on Sunday. AA sent you an email? Then they uncanceled your flight? They didn't reinstate you? You had to do that through AA? You said you had been (automatically?) rebooked to the 19th? How much longer was that than your original flight? You've got me confused.

Ya, man this was a real cluster. I was not automatically rebooked. I doubt anyone would be now given that seats are sold out for months. I called the second i got the notification and got rebooked a week later.

However, after i was rebooked to the 19th (and indeed everyone on original flight was rebooked per AA policy), when they reinstated the flight (Same day Same Flight Number), its open seats for everyone! Whoever was trying to get back into Argentina could have booked those flights. And they did! It was something of a minor miracle i was able to get a confirmed seat on a flight on the 19th given everything is sold out until mid August then.

When airline cancels a flight, the seats of the flight are "released". That means everyone with a ticket before does not have a seat. When the flight was re-instated, people who were rebooking could have taken a seat. Or any number of the other Argentines trying to get back to Argentina. No rhyme or reason to it (as far as i could tell).

In a normal world, you would be automatically rebooked. Argentina is not a normal type of place.

Back