EZE Wifi

It does, but you have to pay for it. I'm thinking they sell access to it by the hour and for a 24 hour-period.

If you travel a lot, I cannot recommend enough a wireless broadband USB. I bought an unlocked broadband USB and just switch out the SIM card wherever I go. Through Movistar Argentina, it's $10 ARS for 1 GB, which is quite a bargain compared to the $7 USD you'll pay for an hour. It adds up over time.

Thanks I will have to purchase a broadband USB next time I am in Argentina. My internet connection at the apartment (telecom) was down about 20% of the time. I had a tech from the company come over. He said he fixed the problem but he went on the roof with no tools, said he found the problem, and it persisted after he left..

Is the 10peso/gig available for prepaid customers or do you need a contract ? I am only here for a month at a time, and likely will be in Cordoba next trip, so hopefully it is still an option.

Also, if you have any suggestions where to buy the usb modem online in the states let me know.

thanks !

One of the airline workers told me it was free, but then it wasn't. I was disappointed. I sat at McDonalds and read the menu for 2 hours.

I have a Huawei E173 HSPA USB stick. Works like a charm. I would not recommend buying any sort broadband modem from a cellular phone provider in the U.S. because it would need to be unlocked. Try a reputable seller on EBay, perhaps? Make sure that "unlocked" is explicitly stated somewhere in the item description.

If you have a Movistar Chip, the profile details are the following:

APN (Static): internet.gprs.unifon.com.ar
Access #: *99#
User: internet
Password: internet

I don't know how good of a provider Movistar is in Cordoba, but it certainly works quite well in Capital. It's 10 pesos for 1 GB a day, which is not ideal if you plan on downloading large files. However, for general e-mail sending, Skype usage, website editing, uploading (business-related tasks), it's great. If you were to pay 10 pesos every day, it would be about $74 USD per month. Not a bad deal, in my opinion. Shoot me a private message if you have any questions.

bradlyhale said:
It's 10 pesos for 1 GB a day

By sending DATOS or just D to 2345 you get 1GB for two days. I am using Movistar as a backup connection. You can download their Escritorio Movistar software (Win/Mac/Linux) and use it to connect to the internet. (Movistar markets it to plans with factura, but it works for pre-paid clients as well). Seems to be a bit faster than built-in modem internet driver. Or may be it is all my imagination.

i found a free wifi outside a shop. This was international flights.
can't remember which shop it was though. sorry

Back