Fairly new arrival

tanguera44

Registered
Hola Baexpats,
I arrived early March from California, (yes, there is "culture shock" going on), and am looking for acquaintances, friends, buddies to do things with.
Diana is my name, and am a tanguera, but am also interested in continuing my art career here, (in California, specialized in coastal plein air, but realize that will have to change here). I live in Once, which is reminiscent of my original "hood" in San Francisco, the Mission District. I am retired now, from medical laboratory scientific work, but my original degree was in marine biology.
I also had a belly dance mail-order business for 26 years, and have taught belly dance for many years, as well of performing, of course. I am toying with the idea of teaching again here, for for the 40+ crowd, since the belly dance community here, seems to be quite a bit on the young side; whereas in the states, it runs the gamut. My favorite author is Joyce Carroll Oates, and my favorite movie is "The Last Wave." My spiritual beliefs are eclectic, and I don't participate in organized religions; although I consider myself a seeker.

Hello Diana. I will be moving to Buenos Aires in a few months. Saw that you have a background in laboratory science as do I. I am moving for work and would love to meet when I get there. Best of luck!

Hi Diana

There's a small group of us that go out on Sundays and you're very welcome to join us. This Sunday we're probably going to Colonia (Uruguay) but not sure yet. If not it could be Tigre. We could always just meet for a coffee somewhere first if you prefer.

Gary

hey there

let us know if there is a 40 and up group meeting. It seems most meetings are for younger folks. Would love to meet some new folks that age

Monik

Hi Monik, I need to be in that group when I arrive in a few months. Have seen lots of messages for 20 and 30 year olds.... Look forward to meeting you soon.
Nancy

pompeygazza said:
Hi Monik and Nancy, the group I was talking about is 40+
Gary

Except for one of us.......but she's a mature soul!

we have a good time on Sunday outings! come join!

I am talking 40+ too.... Can't wait to meet everyone soon. Have a great weekend.

Hello tanguera, how can I send you a private email? I'd like to meet the group 40+
I am looking for friends to do things and visit places around Bs As

Back