Fed Ex

Commodorius

Registered
Hi folks,

I need to send some papers to the states (I'm doing the K1 visa petition). I am considering Fed Ex, after gauging the general feeling on the forum and of my associates. My question is, has anyone used them recently and have an idea of how long the papers will take to arrive, and cost? I ask because one of my colleagues is going stateside Oct 17, so if Fed Ex takes super long then I will just wait and send the stuff with him to mail.

Anyone got any experiences they care to relate?

Cheers.

In our experience, using FedEx to ship abroad is quick.A matter of a few days.
It's the other way round that's problematic.
You should be fine.

If you need important documents sent to Argentina from the US like a passport is the Embassy in the USA responsible for the return postage company? Does anyone have experience receiving a passport from overseas in Argentina - bit worried it could get 'lost' on the way?

If it's a US passport you can pick it up at the embassy (if you start the process there.) That's what I did and it worked perfectly.

I wonder if Aduana will seize my new passport and make me pay tax on it. How long did it take for them to send a new one to you glasgowjohn?

we got our sons passport in about three weeks from start to finish

we actually got the passport from the UK before we got the original docs back from USA , The docs from Washington came with a little note saying your passport will be with you shortly ............

Back