Fedex, Capital Federal & Cairo

igor

Administrator
Guys,

When you send letters here, do you write "Capital Federal, Argentina" or "Buenos Aires, Argentina"?

Letter sent to me by Fedex went to Cairo, Egypt 3 times! on the way here. I guess Cairo is the very first city that starts with CA and that's probably is considered to be a pretty good match for delivery purposes :) .

Have you tried other express mail carriers: DHL, USPS Global Express, UPS? What are your experiences?

Nov 12 CAPITAL FEDERAL AR
Nov 11 MEMPHIS, TN
Nov 10 PARIS FR
Nov 9 CAIRO EG
Nov 5 MEMPHIS, TN
Nov 3 NEWARK, NJ
Nov 2 MEMPHIS, TN
Nov 2 PARIS FR
Oct 30 CAIRO EG
Oct 28 MEMPHIS, TN
Oct 27 PARIS FR
Oct 26 CAIRO EG
Oct 23 INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Oct 22 HOUSTON, TX

Your name, street name, number, zip code (C1057BCA), city (Buenos Aires), Argentina
Worked for UPS, got here in about 7-10 days.

criswkh said:
Worked for UPS, got here in about 7-10 days.

Do they deliver it to your house, or do you have to pick it up at the International Post Office?

Letters I get sent to my house. The letters come via USPostOffice. Other stuff, such as important apostilled documents, books, etc, I get sent via UPS or FedEx and they go to my work office. Hint *if you don't want to get the box open* write in a different language Yiddish or Welsh works..remember if you claim over I believe over $100 US dollars you have to pay an import fee or some fee. This depends on the the type of thing you are shipping.

igor said:
. . . When you send letters here, do you write "Capital Federal, Argentina" or "Buenos Aires, Argentina"? . . . .
What a well-travelled letter!

I address mail this way:

Don Francisco Fulano
Callao 1967, 8o. piso, 94
1459 Buenos Aires, C.F.
ARGENTINA.

I've yet to have a problem.

(Writing "Capital Federal" in place of the name of the city is comparable to writing "District of Columbia" in place of "Washington", or "Distrito Federal" in place of "Mexico": it's an incomplete address.)

Back