Feliz Cinco De Mayo Y Dia De Independencia!

Seventeen years in Argentina (as of today) and even happier than ever to be in Argentina, especially having been able to ride out the first plandemic of the 21 Century without having to participate in the "beta test" that irrevocably changed the world in more ways than one...IMO all negative.

I hope to live at least ten more years where I am now...unless the predicted (if not proclaimed) climate change gets us all first...

...'cause there's no safe place to ride out a nuclear winter, whether it's caused by bats or lab rats (of the human species).

🤠

Last edited:
Seventeen years in Argentina (as of today) and even happier than ever to be in Argentina, especially having been able to ride out the first plandemic of the 21 Century without having to participate in the "beta test" that irrevocably changed the world in more ways than one...IMO all negative.

I hope to live at least ten more years where I am now...unless the predicted (if not proclaimed) climate change gets us all first...

...'cause there's no safe place to ride out a nuclear winter, whether it's caused by bats or lab rats (of the human species).

🤠
The pandemic has irrevocably changed the world in many ways though I wouldn’t agree with them all being negative. Were it not for the pandemic catalysing the working from home revolution, I’d have never even contemplated being able to escape the 12 hour a day commute + work rat race in London to find a job where I could work from anywhere and be able to live in Argentina a few months at a time.

These cascading effects of the pandemic have immeasurably improved my quality of life and mental health and are the reason I’m able to sit in Argentina right now writing this reply

Post government lockdown, a lot of these hot portenas are realizing they're just as poor as the rest of the latinas & if they ever want to get out of a cramped recoleta apartment they'll need a guy to make that happen. The women are more aggressive is the biggest change I noticed.

I have no qualms about Argentina though, it's nothing more than a cheap geo arbitrage country that's a great place to be during peace times but as we saw during the government lockdown scams, the government is brutal, totalitarian with popular support from the people. My bags are packed.

Post government lockdown, a lot of these hot portenas are realizing they're just as poor as the rest of the latinas & if they ever want to get out of a cramped recoleta apartment they'll need a guy to make that happen. The women are more aggressive is the biggest change I noticed.

I have no qualms about Argentina though, it's nothing more than a cheap geo arbitrage country that's a great place to be during peace times but as we saw during the government lockdown scams, the government is brutal, totalitarian with popular support from the people. My bags are packed.
Where are your bags packed for? Argentina seems to me to be a country of so much potential with the right policies (I don’t profess to know what they are or should be). This is a beautiful country rich in culture with so much potential

steve…thanks for the memories with all the old expats. happy anniversary. i love mexican food being from arizona even my states name is spanish. arid zone

Where are your bags packed for? Argentina seems to me to be a country of so much potential with the right policies (I don’t profess to know what they are or should be). This is a beautiful country rich in culture
Everyone talks about Argentine potential, Alexander von Humbolt started talking about Argentine potential around 1800 iirc when the king of spain sent him to assess the economics of the new world to extract more value. He was optimistic about potential in this area. Centuries later, it never realized.. I'm starting to think maybe there's not so much potential in Argentina...😂😅

The period of stability we've enjoyed from 05-20 isn't the norm, the historical norm around here is 1000's % inflation, police states, guerrilla wars, etc so the government lockdown taught me to be ready for this type of stuff & I'd head back to the US.

Back