Fencing

PhilipDT

Registered
Esgrima, not the kind you put around your house.

Anybody here know of some good places in capital federal or GBA. I´ve tried navigating all the shitty web pages but have not had much luck. Anybody have some first (or second) hand experience to offer.

I´m going to stop by GEBA monday to see what they´re like. But any suggestions would be awesome.

GEBA is a good place, from what I know. Someone recommended GEBA to me in winter, when I wanted to find a decent indoors swimming pool, and I remember hearing they had a pretty good fencing club. If you don't mind sharing your thoughts after going there on Monday, I'd appreciate it - one of my best friends is toying with the idea of taking up fencing and I'd like to help him make up his mind de una buena vez, so to speak :D

I'd like to know too - I have done fencing in years but I need to do something when I get down there (next year) to get/stay fit again - and for me unless its an exercise I enjoy I never stick with it :) Getting back into fencing would be good :)

i live just round the corner. fencing classes are on friday evenings. my dad was an olympic fencer so i've always been drawn to it but never stuck at it. i would be up for joining too...

I think that it basically starts and ends with GEBA. There's more than one location in town. The club has been around since the late 1800s. Check it out and then report back. I will not be joining you, but the prep school I attended growing up did have fencing and Monsieur Nouveau was an excellent instructor.

I'm bumping this as all this reading about Christina dolls has given me a serious urge to stab people with swords.

Does anybody know of a good place to fence in buenos aires or zona norte. GEBA is not very interesting to me because they only have fencing at their downtown location which has no A/C.

C.U..B.A.?
I had seen them mention in several fencing pieces but as far as I can tell from the website it seems fairly difficult to join for an American. If you have any insights on how I could go about doing that I'd be very appreciative.

In Olivos:
Club Hungaria, Pasaje Juncal 4250, Olivos, Buenos Aires, tel 4799 8437
(also a friendly neighbourhood restaurant featuring hungarian cuisine)

Back