Feria De Las Naciones!

scotttswan

Registered
http://www.feriadela...m.ar/index.php?

Unless i missed the referendum where all the provinces of Argentina declared independence and became separate nations, they really should rename this event.

I propose Feria de las provincias, Ralph Lauren y un pocito de ropa de India.

Is it not a feria with stands representing foreign countries?! I've been misled... they already have Noche de las Provincias!

I believe it is a Feria with stands from around Argentina and other countries.

I'm boycotting until the Scottish Embassy has a stand with Cullen Skink and Belle & Sebastian.

I had applied fir the Ambassadors job but unfortunately the referendum result was not as we expected...

When the time comes we wil have a decent stand with modern and traditional cuisine. Decent beer and Barrs Irn Bru wil also be available for those who can sing Flower of Scotland.

FERIA DE LAS NACIONES started in BA around 30 years ago. It is run by what's called "Cooperaltiva de Bien Social" (Social Good Cooperative). It is an NGO that works to improve all healthcare at public hospitals and small clinics. It is all for a good cause. The Feriaa de las Naciones has stands with different countries selling different thing. It is a good thing for Argentines who are a bit far removed from many cultures One thing to remember is that it is not cheap since all costs go to help.

Another nice event, I am into volunteering and service, is coming up this Thursday (yes Thansksgiving Day). An after office for the NGO MANOS ABIERTAS at the Golf de Palermo street Tornquist 6387. This is always a good thing to help this organization, I have volunteered with them in the past and they work really hard.

Back