Fernández announced extension of quarantine for 2 weeks, until August 30

gracielle

Registered
14 August 2020...1:07pm
Alberto Fernández: "Health systems begin to show worrying levels of occupation"
President Alberto Fernández announced the extension of the quarantine for two more weeks, until August 30. Along with the Buenos Aires head of government, Horacio Rodríguez Larreta, and the Buenos Aires governor, Axel Kicillof....

In his speech, the President highlighted the new scenario, which he described as "a different time", which was opened for our country from the agreement that it signed to manufacture the vaccine."Because of the problems we have, which in some places have become critical, but with more hope due to the agreement we reached with the University of Oxford and the AstraZeneca laboratory to have the vaccine, which for the first time allows us to see a horizon" , said the President....

14 August 2020
What activities will be enabled in the City of Buenos Aires in the new phase of quarantine starting Monday, stage 2 of the gradual opening scheme that the Buenos Aires government had proposed weeks ago will begin....

Cafes in San Isidro are now open for sidewalk service, authorized by Intendente Posse. What will Kiciloff do? Stay tuned...

It's a cuarentena-lite. In the Belgrano-Colegiales-Villa Ortúzar area, I've seen unofficial sidewalk seating for cafés, mostly off the main streets, people having picnics, sitting curbside drinking and eating, all kinds of anarchy.

y
14 August 2020...1:07pm
Alberto Fernández: "Health systems begin to show worrying levels of occupation"
President Alberto Fernández announced the extension of the quarantine for two more weeks, until August 30. Along with the Buenos Aires head of government, Horacio Rodríguez Larreta, and the Buenos Aires governor, Axel Kicillof....

In his speech, the President highlighted the new scenario, which he described as "a different time", which was opened for our country from the agreement that it signed to manufacture the vaccine."Because of the problems we have, which in some places have become critical, but with more hope due to the agreement we reached with the University of Oxford and the AstraZeneca laboratory to have the vaccine, which for the first time allows us to see a horizon" , said the President....

Very concerned about the possible availability of a Covid19 vaccine for January 2021 ? An Argentinean research company must develop the "concentrate" and then a Mexican firm will prepare the vaccine vials . IMHO add 50 % to the announced deadlines with that Combo..! (Argentina`+'Mexico)

The sudden rise in daily infections co-incided as I remember it with the first opening of small businesses and more foot traffic on the streets (in Recoleta area) as the cuarentena was relaxed, but it also coincided with the start of seriously cold winter weather. While it's not difficult to pin the increase on more social circulation, agglomerating Argentinos and, for example, the absence of any observance of 2 meters distancing, I've never seen in print any consideration for the effect of winter climate here. In the US, where they're panicking at their high infection rates, the approach of Fall and Winter gives the scientists added stress.

It occured to me this week that, so far, it seems to have been an incredibly mild winter here. It could have been alot worse on that front.

(I think the seasonal effect is basically that in cold weather people spend more time indoors, which is where the virus (once installed in a community) is most easily spread. That is why things will probably get even worse in the US later in the year, and deteriorate again in Europe)

Back