Final Residency Visa Question

KevinJH

Registered
So I pretty much have my ducks in a row .... I have the all the certified with apostille original documents from the USA side and the appropriate documentation on the Argentina side. I am currently having the documents translated by a certified translator. My question is .... I made photocopies of everything which will be submitted will all the originals .... do the photocopies need to be notarized /certified? If so .... how and where do I need to go. Thanks.

No, the photocopies don't need to be certified. They'll just cross check with the originals when you present them the documents.
However, once you get your translation back (for your police record I believe), you need to get that translation legalized. You can do it at the Colegio de Traductores on Corrientes (and Callao).

Can anyone please help me with my final question:
I got my police record, sent it to ottawa to get verified, then sent it to Toronto, to the argentina consulate and they verified it as well, and under they put a stamp saying:
Art. 229 Reglamento Consular: "Los documentos extranjeros autenticados en la forma establecida en el presente Reglamento harán fe en territorio nacional, sin necesidad de su posterior legalización ante otra autoridad argentina"
my translator, told me that with this, she thinks it no longer needs to be translated!
it seems to good to be true! does anyone know if this is correct?

Can anyone please help me with my final question:
I got my police record, sent it to ottawa to get verified, then sent it to Toronto, to the argentina consulate and they verified it as well, and under they put a stamp saying:
Art. 229 Reglamento Consular: "Los documentos extranjeros autenticados en la forma establecida en el presente Reglamento harán fe en territorio nacional, sin necesidad de su posterior legalización ante otra autoridad argentina"
my translator, told me that with this, she thinks it no longer needs to be translated!
it seems to good to be true! does anyone know if this is correct?

The above quote means that a document that has been authenticated by the consulate in the manner established by the regulation does not have to receive further legalization in Argentina.

It has nothing to do with translation...which is still required.

The actual translation must be legalized at the Colegio de Traductores in Argentina before you submit it to migraciones.

Your translator can have this done for you.

Back