Financial trouble

Don't let the romantics here lead you off track. Money always wins. Focus on the money. Either making it or saving it. Love ain't free. [just ask daddy]

Is this a serious post? en serio?

All I can say is you sound a bit "young" and while I know "the one" always seems real, I am sure most people on the board will attest to the fact that they dated, broke up with or got dumped by "the one" several times before discovering "the one".

And secondly, for serious advice, if you are looking for a job, don't sound so desperate, and dramatic (even if you truly feel this way). It does not instill confidence, or maturity which are 2 things any employer will look for. Plus you will undercut your worth if they know you are so desperate to work for anything. I don't think people on the board would say to a friend looking for an employee: "Hey I know this girl, she is totally desperate for a job, has been supported by her dad and lives with her boyfriend who doesn't work".

Those all may be true, but try and highlight things people will look for.

A&A said:
and while I know "the one" always seems real, I am sure most people on the board will attest to the fact that they dated, broke up with or got dumped by "the one" several times before discovering "the one".

Well, I do agree, but would people have found "the one" if they had not met "the ones" ? :cool:

but would people have found "the one" if they had not met "the ones" ? :cool:

No for sure, that's kind of my point. When you get to the person you spend the "rest of your life with" it is usually a result of your experiences leading up to it (and relationships you have had).

That is why I was sort of pointing out to the OP that perhaps it may not be worth possibly wrecking your relationship with your dad/family (as this is one relationship, good bad or indifferent, that will endure), turning your financial world upside down, and is she ready to take on the challenges required to maintain the relationship in light of those facts, for the (1st One..of ones).

I would guess the OP is under 25, and while different cultures have different levels of maturity regardless of age..my guess is that with the "my daddy supports me and is cutting me off from my adventure in a foreign country"...I don't know if the OP has really matured to the point of being able to know that this is THE ONE...(unless its Neo) that "i shall troth myself to 'til the world is undone....."

****cue the operatic score**, perhaps some long hair being thrown back while a stiff breeze blows over the Andean foothills, sun setting....fade to white...

If you're mature enough to have found the one, you're mature enough to support yourself.

If you can't do it here, go find a job somewhere else. He can come with you or you can come back.

But my two cents - you better have your own life before you decide to share it with someone else And that means learning to support yourself first.

if you're lacking skills, I'd try expat friendly service industry - jobs frequently going in bars, restaurants, hostels etc where expats hang out.

when looking for jobs, ask friends, friends of friends and family friends of friends. You're more likely to be offered a job by a friend of a friend than hired by a stranger. Personal recommendation counts for everything.

If you have any specific skills you can try sites like elance.com, keep tabs on job offers on craigslist, or just keep a lookout on hostel noticeboards etc. Sometimes there are jobs offered up there.

If you're already teaching english, try every language school under the sun, ask other teacher friends if you can cover for them, post notices in language schools, universities etc - anything to get your hours up. Plus there are online teaching sites that let you tutor students remotely in any subjects you hold a qualification in. Never did this myself, but lots of friends at uni did, and was decent money. Sure a google search will reveal.

Try cut down your costs to zero. Find cheaper accommodation, stop going out, cook every meal etc. Living here can be very cheap if you're really determined to save money. Finally, consider leaving the country and go somewhere where you know you can earn and just work like fury to save enough to come back with and live comfortably. If he's really the one, a few months apart is no big deal.

Suerte! Being young, skint and in love isn't unusual, sure it will work out for you one way or another.

"Another troll???.."

Probably, but it is heartwarming to see so many people trying to help "IT".

Why is she a troll? Just because she doesn't spend every waking minute of her life on this message board? :confused:

JoJo, have you looked at any telecommute jobs? I know a few people who work via the internet for U.S. companies, and some (not all) pay decent salaries.

The following websites have several listings, mostly from Craigslists:

www.newtelecommutejoblist.com
www.telecommutejoblist.com

It's worth a shot. Good luck.

At first I thought "Is this fer reals?" but the poster has been on here for awhile...

I guess she's the one that has to be asking her self "is this for reals? is he the one?"

Sorry to sound all bitter, but time to grow the eff up and get yourself a J-O-B. If this is your one and only true love then it will stand the test of time and distance when you go back home and get yourself a proper job. Besides it sounds like you're not only wearing out your dad's wallet, you're wearing out your boyfriends'. Your dad will probably always be there, he's your dad. But when the boyfriend gets sick of you spending all his money, you're going to be outta there.

Go home, get your self a proper job, make some money, abuse your Skype free online calls every day for a few months, and then come back to Argentina. After a few months away maybe you'll find your love isn't for reals... maybe your love is just lust. And if it is a love for real, then being away from each other for a few months, while difficult, is not going to be the end of the relationship.

You can make more money working at McDs in North America then you will teaching english here. Time to go home, bank some $$$ and then you can come back here on your own dime.

Also if you really think this guy is the one, how do you think you're actually going to support yourself here longterm? Maybe it's time to get some skills beyond just teaching english?

Back