finding longterm, unfurnished rentals

amat

Registered
Hi all,

besides soloduenos, craigslist and enbuenoaires, does anyone else have websites they recommend for finding long-term, unfurnished rentals by owners?

thanks!

badudi.com is pretty good.

You have to phone up to get contact details on properties you like the look of, which is a bit of a pain, and its really just a way for them to pitch their premium service for 80 pesos (one time payment), that gives you first looksie at properties coming onto the site.

Worth a go though, 80 pesos isn't that much to spend (a lot less than an immobiliaria fee) and we've seen lots of good places using their site.

I don't know other sites, but I had more success by going directly to the "inmobiliarias" of the region or look at their websites....if you go directly its easier sometimes to negotiate the contracts and they show you many offers that are new and not published yet....

argenprop.com and zonaprop.com both good sites. We found ours through these and saw some amazing places.

Saw a great one in maybe not the most ideal neighborhood (Santa Fe y Libertad), but it was sweet:

2 bedroom, 90 m2, private terrace, cable, internet all in U$S 900/mo. Great layout. Kitchen a bit tiny. Came with washer (no dryer, no fridge) Pretty sure came with A/C

It was a nice old style building with green inner courtyard, top floor (6th floor) elevator only went to 5th and you walk the last bit up nice marble steps.

We used a broker who is a friend of our close friend and he is awesome, super nice, speaks english (even had his wife who is a lawyer come with us to sign the documents.) PM me for more info if you are interested.

Clarin is always the best option, if you look during the week, better. Regards

Thanks all!

I've been on argenprop, zonaprop and clarin a lot but things seem to be quiet right now. or maybe i'm obsessing and looking on it too often :)
It would be great to avoid an agency and the commission like we did last time, but I guess it's a matter of luck.

Thanks for the tips - keep them coming!
oh and if anyone sees a 2-bed PH/tipo casa with terraza/or some sort of outdoor space in palermo or v. Crespo, let me know! :)

amat said:
oh and if anyone sees a 2-bed PH/tipo casa with terraza/or some sort of outdoor space in palermo or v. Crespo, let me know! :)

Now I see where the problem is! You are looking for a needle in a hay stack. If you are holding out for that it could take you a very long time. We looked for 3 months but finally I needed a place to stay so we took a "regular" apartment. I still look every now and then and still don't find too many of those. When they do come up, they are either totally trashed or really expensive.

Good luck though! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

Clarin on paper has different ads and more, also the online ads are 24 hs old, so if you are looking for a nice, affordable, PH in good location, you would want to buy it. Also check vivavisos.com and ask your neighbors / friends / relatives if you have locals among them, also if you have local friends post on your Facebook.

Thanks all. We actually have a 2bed PH now but it has been bought by a new owner who will put the rent up 40% at the end of our lease in Nov. So it's not worth it to stay.

fingers crossed!

Back