Finding work as an English Teacher in B.A.

Janine Esterhuizen

Registered
Hi there!

I would appreciate any contacts/info/tips of finding work as an English Teacher. I am TEFL certified, have an honours degree in corporate communication and am a native speaker of English (from South Africa). I currently reside in South Africa, however plan on coming across in Jan 2011.

Would appreciate any help!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Janine

Hi! I am a certified TEFL teacher here in Buenos Aires. Which program did you get certified with? I went through the EBC program and at the end of the course the center sent out my CV to 150 English institutes here in Buenos Aires. Within the day I was hired by 2 companies and had a dozen interviews lined up. If you did go through EBC they will send out your CV whenever requested, and you will be fine. Even if you did not, if you do some research and go to the companies yourself they will be more than willing to interview you, though it might take a bit more time that way.

I must warn you though that during the summer months (January - March) there is little work available as many people are on vacation and businesses do not provide English courses for their employees. Perhaps you will want to come in February and get settled and start to look for work? Plan on beginning in March, though.

I hope that helped! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

Diane

All the companies I work for continue paying for classes throughout the summer. Some students are going on vacation for a week or so but it's business as usual. Check the schools--as they are all different. Hopes that helps!

Back