Flights to US from Buenos Aires

Bryon Butler

Registered
I am trying to get a cheap(er) flight to the US from Buenos Aires, but sites such as Priceline or Cheap Flights require a US departure. Are there any sites that provide lower prices when departing from Buenos Aires?
Thank you!

I just tried aa.com and going from EZE to where I live (a Cdn city, but should be no difference) & back to EZE is pretty much the same price as the 'normal' way for me.

So no cheaper, but no different..

Bryon Butler said:
I am trying to get a cheap(er) flight to the US from Buenos Aires, but sites such as Priceline or Cheap Flights require a US departure. Are there any sites that provide lower prices when departing from Buenos Aires?
Thank you!

You need to be careful doing this (assuming you are coming back to BsAs), as most airlines won't let you use the 2nd half of a round trip ticket to enter a foreign country unless you are a resident or have a ticket to leave that country. I ran into this problem a few years ago (before I had a residency here) and the quick answer was to buy a one-way refundable ticket from Argentina to Montevideo (or Santiago) that at the time cost about $75. I would just renew it before it expired, and it made everybody happy. Note that this is an Airline regulation, not an immigration problem.
I think the problem is that if you were to be denied entry in Argentina, the airline is responsible for getting you home.

Saludos,

David

On mercadolibre.com.ar they sell roundtrip tickets on AA issued with miles for 750$ to any US destination to be used before may 31st

Try sidestep.com...they list all the major carriers and then you will either go directly to the carrier or one of the discount websites to purchase your ticket...great sight to compare prices...
Yapta is another...and if you track your flights w/yapta they email you weekly, I believe, the price and IF you purchase a ticket that you have tracked and the price goes up Yapta helps you recover the difference.

Back