Flying Back Home

El Cipayo

Registered
Who can tell me which international airline since the 20% rule does accept cash payment in peso's for a ticket bought from BA?

Non resident

Most if not all...some will just ask you to walk in either a bank/banelco/pagofacile to deposit the money.

Copa will only issue tickets originating around here...and AA seems to have implement the same...we'll see for other airlines...

Yeap, everybody get hit by the 20% for the moment....the day you pay in cash or by credit card to an airline or travel agent. Only way not to pay it, buying in USD online...but than, you lose the benefeit of the blue rate.

For info, the 20% is on the fare and the fees....not on the taxes....meaning it's not actually a full 20%!

So lets say you buy a 1000 dollar ticket x 5,15 = 5150 peso
20% of 5150 = 1030 peso
Total price without taxes 6180 peso
Taxes 500 dollar x 5,15 = 2575 peso
Total 8750 peso
Blue rate 8,20
Total ticketprice blue = 1070 dollars
Total ticketprice CC = 1500 dollars

40% difference, I'll take it

P.S. Anybody know if there are airlines who dont accept pesos?

Just a heads up, Iberia/BA and KLM/AirFrance(surely AlItalia as well) accept pesos, the latter one just by bank transfer. I didnt see my specification yet but I suppose the 20% is integrated.

Unfortunatly there is no BA office in BA so it's not possible to buy your ticket with airmiles and pay in pesos, if anybody knows how this is possible I would be really happy to hear it

Lets say my mom wants to come over, can she come over from her home-country and me paying the ticket in pesos?

Back