Follow-Up On Pub Crawl Attack From 1 Yr Ago

That is really terrible. It sucks that someone can nearly kill someone and gloat about it publicly afterwards with no consequences.

Tez and Farenheit...thanks so much for the donation. I really appreciate the support! Also, thanks for letting me know about this thread. I caught wind of the initial thread after it got attacked and wanted to pitch in, but I was being advised to keep quiet at the time.

I've basically spent the last 9 months consumed by everything related to what happened. Recovering, traveling to visit doctors, operations, rehab, the court case going on in ARG, raising money, etc. I've still got to do a lot more therapy over the next year, in order to recover as much muscle tissue and nerve innervation as possible, but i'm finally starting to get back to regular life. Not gonna lie, it's kind of weird to sit on the sideline for so long and then try to get back to regular life.

There is a criminal case pending, but since the guy didn't get arrested that night fiscalia has to conduct a full investigation before they can arrest or charge him. Things are moving along slowly, but it does look like something will happen within the next year or so. I've got some lawyers that are working on contingency to help move the case forward and hopefully to conclusion. If a criminal conviction is made then we can present a civil case to try an get an award to help with all the medical bills.

Montauk - The main operation, after all the initial surgeries, was pretty complex (Brachial Plexus Reconstruction) and there were only a few places I could have it done. Even in the U.S. I was only able to find a handful of surgeons that were able to do the operation. Traditionally repairing a severed spinal accessory nerve doens't have a very high success rate. I've regained a lot of what I lost, but in short some nerves were too far gone to be repaired. Right now I don't have a trapezius, rhomboid, or deltoid on my right shoulder but can compensate using other muscles to do a lot of stuff with my right arm.

Anyways, thank you guys for the moral support. If you're able to help me spread my donation site and make a financial contribution I would greatly appreciate it. I've pretty much messaged all my facebook friends at this point and am going to setup an indie go go campaign in the near future to maybe get the word to people outside my social circle.

Glad to see you are recovering and trying to get your life back to normal.

I went on a BA pub crawl and had a great time and can't believe this happened. Best of luck!

About the binge drinking culture, BA Pub Crawl was not really drinking. Sure people go there to have drinks at bars but nobody is pre-gramming with 8 bud lights and doing shots of cuervo at the bar.

I think there has been binge drinking for a long time in Argentina, tren de alegría comes to mind, and has nothing to do with US culture,

I couldn't find the original thread... seems it was removed, but I remember many pitching in trying to help identify that guy.

Mike, What happened to you was terrible. We hope you recovery continues, your life goes back to normal and you can get justice. We've left you a donation.

Best wishes and good luck!

I couldn't find the original thread... seems it was removed, but I remember many pitching in trying to help identify that guy.

Mike, What happened to you was terrible. We hope you recovery continues, your life goes back to normal and you can get justice. We've left you a donation.

Best wishes and good luck!

Original thread is here:

http://baexpats.org/topic/19026-serious-assault-last-night/

Good luck to you Mike. Really shocking what happened.

Glad to see you are recovering and trying to get your life back to normal.

Echo

About the binge drinking culture, BA Pub Crawl was not really drinking. Sure people go there to have drinks at bars but nobody is pre-gramming with 8 bud lights and doing shots of cuervo at the bar.

I think there has been binge drinking for a long time in Argentina, tren de alegría comes to mind, and has nothing to do with US culture,

Yeah that Tren de Alegria is real hard core http://www.trendelaalegria.com/ tren_03_88125841.jpg

I hope the bar invest in plastic glasses when there is the potential for trouble

http://www.walesonli...91466-30427600/

In my experience rugby is scarcely about deliberate glassing but being loud, foul and throwing beer is very much part of the culture.

Becomes unpredictable and can escalate to throwing anything else to hand if anyone is stupid enough to try to retaliate and not get out of the way and find another bar.

I dont know the circumstances but as there were people making money out of this "pub crawl" they should have a duty of care. So were they culpable as well as the others and should they not also contribute to the medical costs of the injured?

Binge drinking is definately not part of mainstream Argentine culture - it is an import from abroad. I don't understand the reference to US culture? Do you think they had been watching too many phoney bar fight "westerns"?

Bear in mind the worst insult Argentines throw at Galtieri is not that he lost a war, or that he was a dictator, or that he contributed to the impoverishment of many in his pro-USA economic policies and the disappearance and torture of many with his CIA training - no it was that he was a "boracho"

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear what happened to you. I completely emphasize - back in 2006 I was walking home from a bar in Vancouver when four random guys decided to put my head through a window and then stomp on my face. I just had my third round of reconstructive surgery this last September to replace the bottom half of my eye socket with titanium. Those guys probably never gave that night a second of thought (the police never found them), but it completely changed my life.

All the best with your recovery, and I hope justice is serve with those guys.

Shit, sorry to hear that Duane. Hope the operation panned out for the better!

French, thanks for linking the old thread. I didn't see it just now, but I remember somebody actually finding some rugby photos of the guys that cut me, and I was thinking it was you. Had red arrows pointing to the guys in a club picture. That photo actually ended up in the court documents. Anyways, whether it was you or not, thanks again!

Back