Food in Ecuador Imported from Argentina is Cheaper

bradlyhale said:
An exported Argentine product should be more expensive outside of Argentina. It defies logic to say otherwise. The product would have to pass through too many hands to be cheaper than it is in Argentina... right? Producer ---> Transport ---> Ecuadorean Customs ---> Distributor ---> Supermarket ---> Consumer. In Argentina, it would be: Producer ---> Supermarket ---> Consumer.

Organic pears from Argentina are currently selling for $1.69/lb. at Publix in Winter Park, FL. I'd eat my hat if I found organic pears at Disco for the equivalent price of 15 pesos per kilo.

Is it possible that the products you found in Ecuador are the same name brands as AR but produced in Ecuador. Like Coca Cola. Produced everywhere.

TomAtAlki, the products were made in Argentina.

Coca-Cola is bottled everywhere, but the concentration is made in Atlanta. :)

I recently bought a Trumpeter malbec in Houston that was $1 (4 pesos) cheaper there than in Bs As.

hannstew said:
I recently bought a Trumpeter malbec in Houston that was $1 (4 pesos) cheaper there than in Bs As.

Clearance sale! :D I wish wine here were cheaper... A bottle of Benjamin is $12 USD! :eek:

bradlyhale said:
An exported Argentine product should be more expensive outside of Argentina. It defies logic to say otherwise.

Argentina defies logic. We defy gravity as well... Look at our inflation rates!

Back