food in Houston

You should check out YELP.COM

It my city guide for any city in the US, and one of my favorite things to do when I am at home is look for a great restaurant and go to it. I have Yelp dates with friends to try new things. It never fails. The place is amazing for finding great restaurants (and bars and clubs and shops and hotels and other things, too!).

Best of luck.

my husband sat next to a (yes, large) lady on the plane to Houston and she was going on and on (and on) about Papa's- how it was the most incredible restaurant ever. They have a copycat restaurant at the Houston airport, which to me is a sign it must be decent. It's seafood, I do believe. Suerte!
Ps I used Yelp as well a lot in the States- a great resource to find good eats...

cabrera said:
Its ok that you guys bash argentinian cooking like the pizza thread and other comments on our cooking . If you look at the girth of the people in Houston you will see that their food is junk food mainly. I visited once and have never ever seen such obese people in one city.

Oh (sigh) here we go....

Katti- there are plenty of good restaurants in both. Just depends on what you are looking for. My sister lives in Houston and goes out to a lot of Middle Eastern, Indian and Asian restaurants. Let me know if you'd like a reccomendation.

San Antonio is touristy by the river walk but hey, like everything else, it is what you make it.

Thanks everyone I checked yelp.com (I didn't know it) and it looks really interesting! I am sure we can find something on there, close to his hotel.

(My husband really prefers light food, lots of vegetables, salads, fish, french style, Italian maybe a thai, but no chinese and no burgers....)

thanks !

Back