Food Trucks ??

NOLAchef

Registered
Hola!

So, I saw some food trucks at the Masticar Festival a couple of weeks back and I just saw a school bus being transformed into a kitchen.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN REGARDS TO THE RULES & REGULATIONS IN ARGENTINA ABOUT STREET FOOD? Have they changed something? When I first got here I was told that its 100% impossible to have a food truck, something about mobile kitchens being illegal.

How can I research this?

THANK YOU!

I have no idea about the logistics, but if you find you are able to open one, keep us posted. I love the food truck craze going on in the U.S. We had a food truck night in my neighborhood in Orlando every Tuesday and I miss the fun of it. Oh, what I wouldn't do for some chicken and waffles and a Yum Yum cupcake. :D

I don't have an answer for you (though I would love to know myself). But I was wondering - if mobile kitchens are illegal, how come the costañeras are full of chorizo and parilla trucks?

Hi, if you contact me directly I can give you some contacts that might be able to help. They are restaurant consultants that know their way around the BA food scene.

Pick up the Fork is talking about the same thing: http://pickupthefork.com/2012/12/07/prediction-2013-the-year-of-the-food-trucks-in-buenos-aires/

Back