football tickets.

BROOKLYN

Registered
hola! I want to purchase River plate tickets but dont know how to go about doing so.. do I go thru tickettek? a ticket broker? stadium booth? or one of those travel tour agency that do those pickup at hotel and take you to the stadium.

The season is over until ~mid February.

I wouldn't worry about soccer games in the Southern Hemisphere for a while now.

I just want to get a heads up on things. im thinking about just rsvp thru footballticket.com. 70 dollars includes matchticket pickup from hotel and drop off and front row seating.

It's very easy to just show up at the ground and get tickets for River. They stadium seats 65000 and it rarely gets completely full. Buy tickets in the San Martin Alta stand -- you'll get a nice view and you're away from the hooligans: AR$150.

It´s complicated in a way to buy tickets, at least to get them at local prices.
There is a detailed story about our experience getting tickets and seeing a game here: http://2sporks1cup.com/?p=1675

Good Luck! It´s actually the best thing I ever saw in BA. :)

Spork said:
It´s complicated in a way to buy tickets, at least to get them at local prices.
There is a detailed story about our experience getting tickets and seeing a game here: http://2sporks1cup.com/?p=1675

Good Luck! It´s actually the best thing I ever saw in BA. :)

Umm... that's only for Boca.

I went up to River, bought two tickets for some tourists, then went home. The next day I gave the tickets to the tourists. I'm not a "socio". I don't have an "in". I just bought the best tickets that existed (AR$190 last fall) and then that was it. I did go two days in advance, but I don't know if I had to.

Go Friday and buy tickets, then stop by Chinatown in Belgrano on the way home to get all of the rices, spices, and whatever that your kitchen is missing, and then go to game on Sunday.

Or buy through that link and save the extra trip, but your cooking will suffer.

Love the intertwining of food and football. A win win!

I'm looking to go for the River Velez match at Monumental this Sunday. Does anyone know if I can buy tickets directly at the stadium today or tomorrow? Is the ticket counter open on weekends?

Tickets will be on sale today and tomorrow from around 10am, cafeconleche. Diskosis' tip is a good one but it's worth considering that prices have risen this year (again!) and the San Martín Alta now costs AR$180. The Belgrano Alta (across the pitch, basically the stand the main broadcast TV camera is located in) is still AR$150.

For anyone finding this thread in future, both Diskosis and I are happy to take foreigners (or indeed especially cowardly locals) to games for a significantly lower fee than the official agencies will charge you. We'll be travelling on public transport, not in a minibus, and you won't get the privilege of paying AR$200+ for a choripan and a beer, but you will be going to the game with (at least one) expert on the local league, and we'll deal with the tickets for you. In fact I'm taking an English couple to River-Vélez tomorrow on this very basis.

Details can be found in this post on my blog, under the 'Watching in Argentina' header. (Diskosis is the 'Australian Dan' mentioned in the post.)

Gaucho Sam said:
Tickets will be on sale today and tomorrow from around 10am, cafeconleche. Diskosis' tip is a good one but it's worth considering that prices have risen this year (again!) and the San Martín Alta now costs AR$180. The Belgrano Alta (across the pitch, basically the stand the main broadcast TV camera is located in) is still AR$150.

For anyone finding this thread in future, both Diskosis and I are happy to take foreigners (or indeed especially cowardly locals) to games for a significantly lower fee than the official agencies will charge you. We'll be travelling on public transport, not in a minibus, and you won't get the privilege of paying AR$200+ for a choripan and a beer, but you will be going to the game with (at least one) expert on the local league, and we'll deal with the tickets for you. In fact I'm taking an English couple to River-Vélez tomorrow on this very basis.

Details can be found in this post on my blog, under the 'Watching in Argentina' header. (Diskosis is the 'Australian Dan' mentioned in the post.)

Wait.. is the 'at least one Expert' line a dig at me? Because that's how I'm choosing to read it...

Back