For Coronavirus junkies

Makes one feel like launching a China boycott.
I agree but I would call it a "CCP boycott" and the "CCP Virus". Because the Chinese people are one of the main victims of the CCP's atrocious actions. And Taiwan, which is a Chinese country, has been a victim of the CCP and their puppet the WHO.

The South African guy making the video speaks fluent Mandarin and made positive travel and cultural videos of Mainland China up until recently which I have been watching for years.

I found this analysis by Josh Marshall @ Talking Points Memo, a US publication on "getting back to a new normal" a relief, articulating a possible path forward. Challenging but healthy thinking and the working through of ideas for going forward.
His basic premise begins here:
"Let’s say it simply: You can’t go back to even a semblance of normal economic and social life until you have an integrated, national system of surveillance testing in place that will give us a good shot at avoiding a rolling series of outbreaks and lockdowns for another year. A great system in one state and a crappy one next door won’t cut it."
The full article and discussion is here:

Following on MiHojas posting, here's another from the same excellent publication, addressing what's surely on everyone's mind
This is what it will take to get us back outside
How to safely ease social distancing while we wait for a covid-19 drug or vaccine.

I'm seeing more and more people sitting in the park, riding their bikes, walking around, couples strolling. One grandmother type has been sitting in the park across the street from my house, with her grandson who is in a wheel chair. Neither had masks on. I have the feeling that my neighbors have decided that the crisis is over. Anybody else noticed this?

I'm seeing more and more people sitting in the park, riding their bikes, walking around, couples strolling. One grandmother type has been sitting in the park across the street from my house, with her grandson who is in a wheel chair. Neither had masks on. I have the feeling that my neighbors have decided that the crisis is over. Anybody else noticed this?
Certainly more folks on the street lately in my section of Recoleta. I'm guessing many are feeling a heightened sense of protection due to increased use of masks. One theory anyway.

Not seeing this in my part of Recoleta, Pueyreddon/Las Heras. The park gates are locked, no one inside. I do see, of a sudden, the few people walking are wearing masks. That and the people queued up waiting to get into a pharmacy or a verduleria, also wearing masks. No one 'hanging about'.

Back