For Coronavirus junkies

How did a small town in northern Italy wipe out Corona, despite having the first death from it?

They just followed the WHO advice; tested everyone, isolated infected people in homes and not hospitals. And presto.

Meanwhile many countries strive to restrict and monetize their own testing, turning away the tried and tested model.

Yet another example. Fyi:

My wife is following Chinese sources. They just jumped the safety test in animals and used communist politicians. The members of the communist party has big priviledges but big duties like to be all volunteers by law. Those who survive will have a future en in the high positions of the government. Many doctors also are been volunteers as soon as they are so exposed, they have nothing to loose.
They say they already developed the vaccine and it is going to be ready for mass production soon.
This week a big donation from China is coming for hospitals in Argentina including 10 high tech machines, gloves, barbijos, protection clothes, etc.

My wife is following Chinese sources. They just jumped the safety test in animals and used communist politicians. The members of the communist party has big priviledges but big duties like to be all volunteers by law. Those who survive will have a future en in the high positions of the government. Many doctors also are been volunteers as soon as they are so exposed, they have nothing to loose.
They say they already developed the vaccine and it is going to be ready for mass production soon.
This week a big donation from China is coming for hospitals in Argentina including 10 high tech machines, gloves, barbijos, protection clothes, etc.

Excellent policies to use politicians to test experimental drugs against Corona Virus..! If applied here in Argentina, I guess many Government officers would volunteer to be guinea pigs..!

How did a small town in northern Italy wipe out Corona, despite having the first death from it?

They just followed the WHO advice; tested everyone, isolated infected people in homes and not hospitals. And presto.

It is easy to give advises. According to the article, the town tested 3,300 people. It must be close to a huge biological facility.
For a comparison, 200 tests are processed daily in Malbran for all Argentina. (It may be 500 or more now, but still in hundreds).

It is easy to give advises. According to the article, the town tested 3,300 people. It must be close to a huge biological facility.
For a comparison, 200 tests are processed daily in Malbran for all Argentina. (It may be 500 or more now, but still in hundreds).

South Korea, 20k tests a day, for weeks now, almost a month. Singapore, China have also managed. It can be done.

If you look into the details you will unfortunately find that , at least in the UK and the USA , government sanctioned profiteering in hand with pharma is a likely explaination for why WHO testing kits and related lab procedures / recepie for cheap scalable production of existing tests, were turned down by some governents. To monetize the pandemic.

Not sure about Argentinas capacity for production, so I can't comment. I suspect we will ramp up quickly here, so far having followed a lot of the WHO advice. We are almost certainly working on this, though j can't find specific data here. That's how it looks to me.

We will see...

Cheers!

Screenshot_20200321-154536~2.png

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

Excellent policies to use politicians to test experimental drugs against Corona Virus..! If applied here in Argentina, I guess many Government officers would volunteer to be guinea pigs..!

Now that I'd like to see lol

Back