For Coronavirus junkies

Due to the coronavirus pandemic heart attack victims in New York City will be left to die . This new policy will create thousands of deaths just In New York City alone . It seems ludicrous that you close the economy to save lives then create policies that do not respect life

Due to the coronavirus pandemic heart attack victims in New York City will be left to die . This new policy will create thousands of deaths just In New York City alone . It seems ludicrous that you close the economy to save lives then create policies that do not respect life

It's called 'triage', the process of determining the priority of patients' treatments based on the severity of their condition or likelihood of recovery with and without treatment. In this case its been determined that theres a low probability that the cardiac patient will benefit from the paramedics efforts while there are other critical patients that will benefit.

First time I hear of the guy, who turns out to be a fascinating character. According to a piece in The Guardian:

"Icke, a former footballer and sports broadcaster best known for his theory that the world is run by a cabal of giant shape-shifting lizards....."

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but life would certainly be duller without them....!

Life would be duller with which...conspiracy theorists, or shape-shifting lizards?

It's called 'triage', the process of determining the priority of patients' treatments based on the severity of their condition or likelihood of recovery with and without treatment. In this case its been determined that theres a low probability that the cardiac patient will benefit from the paramedics efforts while there are other critical patients that will benefit.

A human being that has life must be given all the chances that our medical system can supply . To allow our medical system only to treat coroanvirus and put low priority onto heart attack victims .cancer patients etc etc will result in more deaths than the pandemic . The medical system has to be balanced and prepared . I am shocked at the lack of preparedness of USA to this scenario as they are the richest country of the world .

Normal breathing may well be a vector, more info in article.

Fyi

"While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences."

Fyi "While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences."
I've thought a lot about this ever since a recent morning heading up Uriburu and a smoker got ahead of me on the sidewalk. I was walking behind, he was smoking a cigarette and he exhaled his smoke. The white smoke hung in the air like a jet stream ahead of me! Because of the white smoke it was highly visible and I'm thinking 'this is coming direct from inside his lungs!' ...where if he's infected the virus resides. So besides being visible also probably aerosolized due to the smoke particles. But in addition, what about normal breathes that you can't see?
And what about sitting in a taxi with the driver emphatically expounding something that's bouncing off the windshield into the back seat.
So yeah, wearing a mask or a bandana in public seems like a good idea to me.

A 27 March scientific brief from the World Health Organization (WHO) states that aerosol transmission “may be possible in specific circumstances and settings that generate aerosols,” such as when severely ill patients are intubated with a breathing tube. However, the WHO experts say, an analysis of more than 75,000 coronavirus cases in China revealed no cases of airborne transmission. As for studies such as Santarpia’s, they note that “the detection of RNA in environmental samples based on PCR-based assays is not indicative of viable virus that could be transmissible.”

Back