For Sale, US titled 1996 Toyota 4runner, upgraded, 4x4

Gulah

Registered
Alright, so after many years of amazing adventures, I'm selling my beloved Toyota 4Runner. It has been my vehicle for about 7 years, and 2 years ago I drove it down to Argentina from Denver with some friends. I'm presently using it for a ski trip in Bariloche, but I will have no use for it at the end of the month and already have a duplicate back in the states.

Some details:
US Title, expired Colorado plates
1996, cherry (but not obnoxious) red
~225k miles
Runs amazing!
Old Man Emu suspension, stiff, 2.5" lift
Thule roof rack
Bolted down heavy duty custom safe
Kill switch, very well hidden and convenient
Hooks installed through roof for gear management
Hard-wired power inverter (US spec)
Premium Alpine stereo, custom ipod integration.
Tinted windows, fronts done to match the factory rear.
Keyless entry
Sunroof
4x4 with 4 low
A/C blows cold
Some rattles from years of reliable off-road use (most severe I suspect is the power antenna mounting bracket, to put it in perspective).

Less than 5k miles ago I had it serviced at the Toyota dealership in San Telmo, Jorge there is awesome:
All fluids changed
New headlight assemblies, silver star bulbs, very nice at night now.
All suspension bushings replaced
New tires (Michelin, 265/75/R16), took me a week of searching and about $1400.
Some misc upkeep.

Car includes:
South/Central American Guide Books
Mixed essential tools
1 spare wheel/tire, possibly 1 additional tire
Gas can
Some survival gear
Cargo net
Much more

I would rate the exterior a 6.5/10 and the interior a 4.5/10. Very comfy and functional!

This car is amazing. It was so amazing, I plan to own a Japan built Gen 3 4Runner for the rest of my life; I've already purchased my 2nd. This thing is literally ready to charge on a 6 month voyage to the US if you so desire, or navigate crazy BA traffic. Its much shorter than most solid SUVs for versatility, it even parallel parks well!

I'm planning to drive it to Paraguay to sell it unless I receive some very serious/credible offers. I would love to see it go to a good home. I am posting on other forums as well.

Looking to make a fair deal. I'm guessing its worth about 16k in BA, 12k in Paraguay, 7k in the States. I'll open the discussion by asking U$D 11,000 obo for a quick and easy transaction. Very, very serious offers only PLEASE, BA is not on my planned route for this trip.

10k obo, really sweet ride. I would like to find it a better home than with paraguayo smugglers :)

Back