Form To Fill Out Before Getting Packages At Retiro

Hi guys,

I have to go to the sorting office later today to pick up a package. I am not totally clear on what needs to be done. If I print out the 4550 form and fill it out and bring it with me, is that all I need. I don't know what the package is, other than it being a birthday gift meant for me over two months ago.
If anyone has any recent experiences please share. Also if I am missing any small step please let me know as I would hate to get there and waste my day for nothing because I'm missing a number or form or something weird.

Thanks

Form 4550 version 100. You also need your accountant to make a declaración jurada if you don't have a clave fiscal to do it on the AFIP website. When you go to the website you must pay import tax and you can print the bill and pay at a Pago Fácil. It should say on the notice they gave you all the paperwork that is required.

Form 4550 version 100. You also need your accountant to make a declaración jurada if you don't have a clave fiscal to do it on the AFIP website. When you go to the website you must pay import tax and you can print the bill and pay at a Pago Fácil. It should say on the notice they gave you all the paperwork that is required.

Hmmm, I don't have a clave fiscal nor an accountant. How can I know what import tax to pay when I don't even know what I'm paying for? Ughhh such a dumb system.

Hmmm, I don't have a clave fiscal nor an accountant. How can I know what import tax to pay when I don't even know what I'm paying for? Ughhh such a dumb system.

When I went there last time, I saw signs asking to pay at Banco de la Nacion. The point is: how much should you pay if you don't know the value of the package? Or do you have an invoice showing the value of your merchandise (in this case, you have to pay 50% of the invoice value to Customs)?

Best chance you have is to head to Correo Argentino in Retiro with your Form 4550 and leave it blank since you don't know what to write into it. You need form 4550 to be admitted in the building, so bring it. Then pay the handling fee (I think ARS45), wait for your turn to enter the Custom within the Correo building, and see how it goes with the officer you get. Explain that you don't know what is inside the box, probably there is no invoice inside/you don't have an invoice/you don't know the value of the merchandise.
He may open the box to assess the value of the merchandise and tell you how much you should pay (at Banco de la Nacion),...

Double check that the parcel is in fact at Retiro and not Ezeiza.
It might also be a good idea to ask your loved ones not to send you anything else in future as I have done.

Double check that the parcel is in fact at Retiro and not Ezeiza.
It might also be a good idea to ask your loved ones not to send you anything else in future as I have done.
I've done the second part. And the first part I know it's in Retiro because this form thing I received says so. It also says the package is from Iran, when I am sure it was sent from Ireland though.

Also I find it very annoying that I have to pay taxes to receive a gift! I love this city and country, but only when I don't have to get anything done or be in anyway involved in the bureaucracies of the systems here. Then it's hell on earth :angry:

Back