Found: Donuts

StuckLikeGlue

Registered
Attention everyone.... I have recently been made aware of the existence of an "American-style" donut shop located right here in the heart of Capital. Unfortunately they aren't open on Sundays or else I'd already be on my way, I'll definitely be trying them out tomorrow though!!

Anybody tried them? They sure look like the real thing...

http://www.magicdonut.com.ar/

yes, i've tried them! They're actually quite good. I tried a glazed one and one with pink frosting. The glazed one was great and the frosted one was good except the frosting was pretty bad, so i just took it off. Obviously, they're no dunkin donuts but they get the job done :D I recommend!

NOOOOOOOOO!

I got my hopes up for a moment ... thinking that Krispy Kreme had followed Starbucks here. But, no ...

Oh, the humanity! :(

GS_Dirtboy said:
NOOOOOOOOO!

I got my hopes up for a moment ... thinking that Krispy Kreme had followed Starbucks here. But, no ...

Oh, the humanity! :(

Well, Subway and Wendy's have made their way down, so perhaps it's only a matter of time? Between the voracious Argentine sweet tooth and weird affinity for American chains, I can't imagine that KK (or Dunkin') wouldn't be successful...

starlucia said:
Well, Subway and Wendy's have made their way down, so perhaps it's only a matter of time? Between the voracious Argentine sweet tooth and weird affinity for American chains, I can't imagine that KK (or Dunkin') wouldn't be successful...

Dunkin Donuts was here and was not successful...they left.

I think Dunkin' Donut was here about 10 years ago. I have been told it was a big flop, lasting only a year or so. Same with KFC...

garygrunson said:
I think Dunkin' Donut was here about 10 years ago. I have been told it was a big flop, lasting only a year or so. Same with KFC...

Really? Aw, that's sad. I mean, KFC I can understand (I have yet to meet a foreigner not justifiably horrified by the "bucket of chicken" concept), but Dunkin' Donuts is at least better than those dreadful Starbucks pastries I always see locals chowing down on.

starlucia said:
Really? Aw, that's sad. I mean, KFC I can understand (I have yet to meet a foreigner not justifiably horrified by the "bucket of chicken" concept)

There are many KFCs in Ecuador. It's the only place in Latin America where I've seen it. Perhaps they're in Colombia too?

bradlyhale said:
There are many KFCs in Ecuador. It's the only place in Latin America where I've seen it. Perhaps they're in Colombia too?
I think they are in Brazil too. Peruvians are big on fried chicken so they might be there too.

bradlyhale said:

I have seen them in Ecuador, Colombia, Mexico, Brazil and maybe Chile and Venezuela but dont remember for sure.. They were usually alongside a Pizza Hut.

Back