Frank's bar

RBeek

Registered
Hey all,

Here for a month (or so) and living near Frank's bar in Palermo Hollywood. I understand one needs a password / invite to enter this "speakeasy" bar. How does one get an invite or password ... or do you think I could just approach the doorman and ask him if we could enter to have a cocktail?

Thanks,

Rob

i have also been curious about Franks but too lazy to go through the hassle of getting in. please PM or update if you go to check it out. i'd love to know what it is like (the crowd etc.)

Franks is a good spot; suited crowd, not over packed, interesting decor. Associated pervy guys and slutty girls feature, but in all good speak easy atmosphere. You chat to your neighbour at the bar and the music is great.

Hello! I went there recently, there were 4 of us (2 guys/2 girls), we just walked up to the door and the door man opened it. None of us had been there before and we had no idea what to expect at the door, so we just acted like we knew where we were going!!!!
I wouldn't ask or give bills, unless he stops you.... :)
I second rrptownley on the atmosphere!!!
Good luck and enjoy....

estebandepraga said:
I'd love to know more about the place!
Google it.

There are write-ups galore. (Some even include the password.) :eek:

There is also a nice bar in Belgrano called UNO, just a black door no sign, near the train tracks..
I heard the passcode was, "do I look like the type of man that drives to Odessa to die on a bridge?"

Back