Free Concert Tonight - National Symphony Orchestra

Although concerts are held regularly in this place, this particular one is very important as both, the "Orquesta filarmónica Nacional" and the "Coro Polifónico" are performing together.

Today: Requiem, by Donizetti.

For this reason, the space occupied by the performers in the room will be bigger than usual so less public will be able to fit. Absolutely no chance showing up there at 6:45 for example. They will start giving tickets at 5:30 until the capacity of the room is reached.

Unfortunately, I don't work in downtown area so I can't make it that early.

Enjoy!

veggie_pab said:
For this reason, the space occupied by the performers in the room will be bigger than usual so less public will be able to fit. Absolutely no chance showing up there at 6:45 for example. They will start giving tickets at 5:30 until the capacity of the room is reached.

If you can't get there early do not even bother. But if you can it is a wonderful building and should be a wonderful experience.

Although I would have loved to see the place packed as both of you above assumed it would be well before 7:00, it was not, and even I showed up at 6:45 and there were plenty of seats to choose from. But I have to say...I was a bit disappointed with the performance. The choir seemed quite unprofessional for what it is supposed to be (talking and stretching while the orchestra and soloists were performing, for example!). I enjoyed last week's more (just the orchestra performed). Did anyone go to either?

Can't believe that!

I called them right before posting, and that's what the man said on the phone. It was almost literal! He also said that relatives of the singers and players were attending as well, so less space left for general public.
I missed it, dm it, next time I'll just show up no matter what they say.

Back