free tennis ?

NOLAchef

Registered
Hola!

I just received my racquets and tennis shoes from the states and am dying to hit the courts. I'm located in Palermo Soho but have some flexibility as to where to play. Is it possible to play on public courts for FREE? If so, please let me know where and if anybody is looking for an opponent/partner! I was good back in the day (4.0), but haven't practiced in years. WOULD LOVE TO PLAY WEEKLY but can't afford the high hourly rates or a membership just yet in this increasingly expensive city. Or maybe if someone has a connection we can do some sort of lessons/court time for cooking lessons/prepared food.

Thanks!!

Hola NOLA chef, I was just in your old city. Haven't seen you for a while--since NOLA night at the Office? Love to play tennis. Did you ever make any connections?

Best, mike
of Mike and Andrea (the AR chef)

I am interested to hit as well, pretty sure there is no thing as free tennis though.

Hey NOLA,
I also brought over my racquets from home and am really keen to get out and play regularly.. I also live in Palermo Soho and have been asking around about prices but it seems so expensive. The courts in Costa Rica are 85 pesos just for one hour! Last year when I was here I played in Belgrano and I think it was cheaper.. I will try to find the info and if you're interested we could organise something?? :)

You can add me to the roster if you like -4.0 player.

$85 /hr isn't bad if you divide it by four. I think it might be hard to find free courts in the city. I belong to Tiro Federal, the shooting range in Belgrano and we have courts however the fee for the club is $400ARS / mo. with an addition $35 per hour of court time.

Another suggestion is to use Google Earth. I found courts right around the corner from my place in Colegiales last year that I never knew existed. Turns out it is a sports club. If I didn't belong to the shooting club I would have joined there. I think their fees were somewhat similiar to Tiro Federal.

Hi guys, I'm a 4.5 - 5.0 player and played in DIII college (over 20 years ago!) but would perhaps be looking to play a little bit in the next few weeks.

80 pesos or more per hour seem to be the standard rate for red clay courts. For the most part and I haven't really found "free" public courts around like they have in the US, outside of Parque Sarmiento (which actually do have a charge, albeit small). The courts are hard, though, and not particularly in great shape. The best place I've played in terms of quality courts and a nice place is at a place called El Clú in Villa Urquiza. 12 red clay courts and one excdellent hard court all in excellent shape. No membership fees at all, but courts start at around 82 per hour in non peak times and go to 100 during peak hours (last I checked).

By the way, I'll be heading home to the US in the coming months and brought many more cans of new tennis balls from the US than I'll use. I could sell 8 of them for less than you'd buy them in a store. If you all or if anyone wants to make me an offer on them, PM me.

Hey Mike! Things are progressing! I'll be participating in a weekly puerta cerrada starting in June (with Creole fare!) as well as working on getting a pepper jelly jarred! I'll be hosting a Mexican Pop-Up every Thursday throughout the month of June at a cafe in Palermo Soho called Tout le Monde. Come and bring la esposa, I REALLY want to meet her!!

GUYS, sadly I can't hit just yet because I broke my ankle back in February. Fingers crossed that I'll be 100% back on my feet sooner rather than later. Hope you all are enjoying otoño!

Back