Freelance English Teacher (TEFL certified)

olugbo

Registered
Hello, I will be in Buenos Aires in May for a year. I am an experienced TEFL certified English teacher. I am looking for freelance work teaching English 1x1, either face to face or remote. Not sure what the market is like...any tips appreciated

Hello, olugbo! I have been living and working in Buenos Aires teaching English as a foreign language for 9+ years. I also blog about it (and life here in general). Feel free to check out my most recent post (from today) about teaching ESL in Buenos Aires here: http://vagrantviolet.com/2018/03/so-you-still-want-to-teach-english-in-buenos-aires/

There are also some helpful tips in this post as well: http://vagrantviolet.com/2014/12/want-teach-english-buenos-aires/

PS - I don't mean for the links to be "click bait," it's just that both articles are quite lengthy.
Suerte!

Please your links are not accesable. Am very much interested in reading these your two posts.

Here are copies of those two links on the Wayback machine (archive.org):

Am trying to process a tourist visa from my country that will enable me come to Argentina to enroll for a TEFL certification i pray i get an invitation letter first to help me with my process. I hope for a bright future as an ESL teacher abroad.

Thank you for ur reply, it broadened my view and understanding too. Please am coming to enroll for the TEFL program next year Febuary in Buenos Aires, can you give me a tip on how much i can earn per month to teach English, and most importantly considering the current political and economic situation in Argentina presently. Thank you.

I have been teaching ESL in Costa Rica for 19 years. Started in a private University, then years teaching privately. 22 hours a week, week and week out, the last 9 years only on Skype. I have never been asked for a TEFL anything. Don't know what it is really...except maybe a way for someone to make money teaching it....not sure. But I have never ever heard it even discussed.

Back