Freelance Work

nealbaren

Registered
Hi - I'm wondering what it is like getting freelance work in Buenos Aires. Specifically, I do a lot of video and motion graphics/graphic design work. I would be an "indefinite traveler" - basically coming with a one way ticket and seeing how I like the country.

Do I need a work permit for freelance? Is there a market for what I want to do?

where do you come from? i'd rather recommend you to get clients overseas. argie clients are a pain in the ass to deal with. but, for a full experience of living in argentina i think you should give them a go

nobody cares about work permit. even a bunch of argentines work for cash in hands

getting work, full time, contract or freelance is not that hard. you as a foreigner have a good starting position and can easy outdo locals

Hi Lexi,
Could you possibly also send me the info you were going to send neal if it is applicable to my situation please?
I already work freelance in Europe and am considering moving to Argentina and keeping my EU clients...

sure, i do, but you will need to change that privacy settings as i cannot write you an email.
yours,
lexi

If interested, I might be able to consider you for some freelance work from the US depending on your skill set. Since you don’t have your PM setup yet, PM me if you want to discuss.

Back