Fresh expat

gigeridoo

Registered
Hey :)

I´m a 23 year old Aussie girl who came to Argentina for a 10 week holiday and decided to stay!

I am now living here, until at least the end of April but possibly longer.

To be honest, the adjustment has been a little harder than I hoped it would be... I love my friends here, but it would be fantastic to be able to talk to people who understand my culture, understand the difficulties in changing countries and sometimes it would be nice just to have someone to speak English with haha!

If anyone is interested in catching up sometime for a coffee or something, or has any advice, that would be great!

Gigi

Hi Gigi, there are quite a few Aussies around BsAs and I am sure if you look out for the social events and come along to any of them you will come across them. There are regular meet ups for drinks etc., just keep your eyes open on the forum.

Hi Gigi.

I am and ozzy too.My name is Tim, I am 27, from Melbourne and have just moved here. I have also found the adjustment a little more difficult than i thought i may have been. It is a really fun and interesting city but it would be nice to have one or two more friend to enjoy it with.
I would love to catch up for a chat and a drink soon..?

Tomorrow night from 8 onwards at Krakow Bar in San Telmo - Its on Venezuela, just off Bolivar - Very easy to get to from anywhere - Clsoe to Plaza de Mayo. Always a few Aussies out with us, along with other english speakers - Mainly a youngish crowd, but then again, I class myself as young (at heart at least)... Maybe see you guys there

Hiya, I'm an Aussie, 37, who came here for a two week holiday, stayed for 2 months and then packed up and moved here :). I certainly understand some of the challenges and yes, while I value completely immersing myself in the Argentine culture, I have recently realised the value of an expat network also - particularly during the challenging times or when you just want to tell a good joke in English! The croud that go to drinks Liam referred to above are great - all ages from early 20s, upwards and also a really good mix of expats from different countries and Argentines - so its not all expats either. Hope to see you there.

Thanks so much for such quick (and great) replies! I'll def check out the thing in San Telmo tomorrow night, see you there :)
And Tim, if you can't make it let me know, I'd be more than happy to catch up with you another time.

Hi Allison, Liam and Gigi

Meeting up at the bar sounds great. Does it happen every friday night? I dont know if I can make it tonight as i have something else on, but i will try and make it for sure! How long does everybody normally hang around till? If not i will definatly be there next friday.

Thanks again guys, and i look forward to meet you all in person.

Timgoo said:
Hi Allison, Liam and Gigi

Meeting up at the bar sounds great. Does it happen every friday night? I dont know if I can make it tonight as i have something else on, but i will try and make it for sure! How long does everybody normally hang around till? If not i will definatly be there next friday.

Thanks again guys, and i look forward to meet you all in person.
Hi Tim,we,ll still be there, until ejected:confused: see u later maybe.regards Howard

Hey GiGi it was great hanging out the other night at the expat event i think you and your bf are alot of fun hope we can meet up again soon lets figure something out
besos ciao

Yaco Abreu

Back