Fresh off the plane

BJensen

Registered
Hello to all the expats prowling BA! I just got in town a couple days ago from California and was referred to this site by a friend. I'll be in Argentina for 2 months (ish) and would love to meet up and hang out with some fellow expats while I'm here.

I'd love to stay longer, so if I'm able to find work, things could get interesting. I'm a photographer and designer. You can see some of my work on my site (http://cargocollective.com/bjd)

Regardless of work or fun, get in touch, and I'll be excited to hear from you. You can email me at [email protected]

welcome! but i don`t really get it...you`re here for 2 months but the first thing you wanna do is get in touch with the same people (expats) again!? why did you get away from home in the first place? dude, get out there, meet locals, travel the country, learn some words and phrases, get involved in this crazy place! meeting expats on the side is nice but you`ll only get 50% of real local life from them.
anyway, enjoy, and have the best of times!

Good points robinho9, and good lookin out. On the other hand, I always like to see a friendly face, American or otherwise, and this is a way to start. Thanks for your input, and enjoy yourself here!

As a fellow photographer (well, more of a hobbyist), be careful with your camera around town. I hardly ever take my photo stuff anywhere. :(

Ashley, I'm down here to explore and see what's here. Plans are evolving, and my brother and I may go to Uruguay for a bit, and down into Patagonia. Perhaps just wherever the wind carries us ;)

At least BJensen really is fresh off the plane (less than a week).

I think it's a very good idea to hook up (did I say that? :eek:) with a few expats who speak the same language and can help him avoid many negative things and well as discover the positive ones.

There have been lengthy threads on how difficult it is to make Argentine friends in BA. He won't be here long enough to scratch that surface.

Of course I am using the expression "hook up" the same way I used to use the expression "meet up" (until yesterday). :p

Gabrielle, I'm in San Telmo at the moment. I'm wandering and exploring a bit on foot and by bus, so if there's something I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about it. Gracias!

El Dude, I've heard that repeatedly :( My camera isn't very discrete either, so I'm taking mental pictures and drawing for the most part.

Back