From Tourist to Townie

tourist2townie

Registered
Hola Expats,

My name is Gareth Leonard and I just moved to Buenos Aires in October. I decided to take a year off from the grind of Upstate New York and experience life south of the border.

I started a little site called Tourist2townie.com and my goal is to 'evolve' into a "townie" within one year (as many of you already have). Check out the site to learn more.

I'm always looking for new and exciting things to do so, if anyone has ideas or advice for the new kid on the block please don't hesitate to message me. I think it's amazing how so many people come together on here and share their experiences with others and I will try to do the same.

Best Regards,

Gareth Leonard
http://www.tourist2townie.com/

cool blog. one thing i noticed though, it is best to refer to the faulkland islands as the malvinas. don't want to step on any locals toes by referencing the British empire's name for those islands

Welcome to BsAs! I think I saw you at Milion (I was the girl dressed as a disco ball).

Great pics on your blog - btw - are you from Buffalo? I noticed the reference to the Shout song:D:D

I grew up in Buffalo.

Good call Skyguy I will make that change.

Thank you everybody for the compliments! The site is a work-in-progress, hopefully the more I experience the better it will get.

Citygirl - I'm actually from Rochester but I lived in Buffalo for a few years after college. All my friends back home are big bills fans so I have to give them a shout out every now and then. Where are you from in Buffalo?

All the best.

Back