Fruit Salad in Barrio Norte

Holden

Registered
This is probably an odd request-- but does anyone know where I can get fruit salad in Barrio Norte? I had some at a tenedor libre and now I am like addicted to it.

Then the other week I saw it on the pay per kilo buffet in the upstairs area of Coto at Pueyrredon y French. But of course this week I go back to get some more and its not there anymore. Does anyone know a reliable source of fruit salad in the Barrio Norte area? :)

I know I could make it myself but I don't want to spend 3 hours cleaning and chopping fruit. Thanks in advance amigos.

lazy lazy lazy!! haha just buy a ton of fruit, chop it up, put it in a big bowl, and you can go nuts for a week!

Most rotiserias or pizzerias sell it. If they dont have it, you might ask them to prepare it for you, like a kilo of it.

many kioskos sell them ready to go, they keep them in the fridges with the yoghurt, etc

Thanks for the suggestions... I went to Coto today and I was pleasantly surprised to see they had two huge tubs of fruit salad today! So I got 25 pesos worth hahaha

I guess the fruit salad making lady was working today :)

Holden said:
This is probably an odd request-- but does anyone know where I can get fruit salad in Barrio Norte? I had some at a tenedor libre and now I am like addicted to it.

Then the other week I saw it on the pay per kilo buffet in the upstairs area of Coto at Pueyrredon y French. But of course this week I go back to get some more and its not there anymore. Does anyone know a reliable source of fruit salad in the Barrio Norte area? :)

I know I could make it myself but I don't want to spend 3 hours cleaning and chopping fruit. Thanks in advance amigos.

Holden!!!! Fruit, knife, chop, eat,enjoy! You were raised by servants right???? Hope you find a lovely wife here...

fifs2 said:
Holden!!!! Fruit, knife, chop, eat,enjoy! You were raised by servants right???? Hope you find a lovely wife here...

I was raised lazy white trash but I also have OCD so if I was to make the fruit salad I would be spending 12 hours washing the fruit, then peeling it, then cutting it all up... it would take hours for me to make a little bit of fruit salad.

Also, the likelihood of me finding a lovely wife here is low since I am a homo but then again, if I can find a nice girl who can make fruit salad for me I would consider marrying her ;)

Tangerine said:
:p FYI: No one washed the fruit that went into your Coto fruit salad. :eek:

Given that bartenders here put ice in your cup with their dirty hands I know this is probably true, but if I don't see it then at least I can convince myself that there is someone in the back of Coto feverishly washing the fruit.

I'm sick of this notion that there's something lazy about wanting to buy a pre-made fruit salad. It's a simple question of opportunity cost:

1) How valuable is your time to you? It will take at least an hour to decide on the fruit, go to the store, buy it, bring it home, peel it, wash it, chop it up, and arrange it, then wash up after you've eaten it. Some people value their time. You think Donald Trump makes his own fruit salads? Is he a lazy guy?

2) What do you do with all that spare pineapple? You can't use a whole pineapple in a one-portion fruit salad. Same with melon. You have to hang on to the remnants, and figure out how many MORE salads are required before the pineapple/melon goes bad. So, it looks like you're going back to the store for the rest of the fruit.

Yeah, that's really clever and hardworking. Shame on those of us, like Holden & I, who want to enjoy life at a more convenient pace.

That isn't to say that it's fun to make your own fruit salad when you want to, but sometimes you're actually much better off not doing so. And people know this- which is why there's a market for pre-made ones. It's not ALWAYS better to make your own, so get off your high horses fifs2 and gsi.

Thanks for all the genuine recommendations. Still feel we haven't quite cracked the problem. :)

Back