'garage' sales?

joelie

Registered
Hey all,

I have an apartment load of furniture and various bits and pieces that I need to sell (you can check out some of the things that are available here: mueblesenventa.wordpress.com) and I am wondering if 'garage' sales are at all common here? I.e. the type of thing where people come and have a look around and then buy something if they feel like it? Actually, I just thought about it for half a second and realised that the answer, with so much insecurity, is most likely 'no' :)

Basically everything in the apartment is for sale.

I have placed some ads on mercado libre already, but there is simply too much stuff to place so many ads. And, of course, I have the blog. I think I just want everything though, as I would like to sell stuff as quick as possible!

If you happen to check out the blog you will notice that there isn't prices or much of a description on some things, but I am just getting started with it. Feel free to PM me, or write on the blog for more info about anything. I am just getting started with it. Most of the items fall into the 'antique' or 'retro' category. Anything with a price can be negotiated too.

But yeah, is there anything like garage sales here? Or do people just set up a stand at their local feria/plaza?

yes, there is such thing, and some people organize it, promote it and run it for you for a commission.

Hi, what are those kinds of people called in Spanish, and where would I find one, do you know (or have any rough idea)? Or do you have anyone specific that could be recommended? Thanks.

You could also list what you have for sale here on the forum. People here are always interested in moving sales.

I hope to do that soon-ish...just need to get slightly more organised first (mostly with prices).

But why not take an advance sneak peek at some of the items on the blog. :)

Hi Jolie
I wonder if you wouldn't mind publishing the price of the wine glasses.
Are you in Capital?

joelie said:
Hi, what are those kinds of people called in Spanish, and where would I find one, do you know (or have any rough idea)? Or do you have anyone specific that could be recommended? Thanks.

Check out www.cecilgoitia.com.ar and www.teresavende.com.ar . They usually call them " Ventas de Fin de Semana " and actually there is a section on the print edition on La Nacion newspaper with several others :)

Sorry for the delay in replying to you Ashley. Someone had already offered to buy the wine glasses when you had written and so I was waiting to see what was happening with that before wanting to say anything more about them. They are now actually sold. Sorry.

I am located in Liniers, right near the train station.

Back